This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

X1 dev Those saying they will buy Titanfall on PC forget who makes the OS

#11ShadowThaReaperPosted 10/31/2013 7:55:13 AM
zak234 posted...
a confirmed Xbox One dev on Reddit

A couple of things.
1. Do you not see the conflict of interest here?
2. People on Reddit are dumb. Very dumb. They also have their heads shoved up the asses of anybody even remotely related to the industry. They even worship the idiot "journalists" and reviewers.
3. There are no licensing fees for developing on PC. Windows is an open platform.
4.This should have been the default stance. PC > console.

ThePCElitist posted...
People just don't trust the console after what MS tried doing with the whole mandatory online checks and extreme DRM that treated you like scum.

Which is funny, because they shouldn't trust Sony, either, and you know a few of those idiots will go out and buy a PS4. If Sony's past and present shenanigans don't bother you, then don't complain about Microsoft, because you are a hypocrite.

Neogaf is leaking out all over the place and is criticizing Microsoft for things both of them do. Everybody should be a PC gamer.
#12sonicteam2k1Posted 10/31/2013 9:04:36 AM
arleas posted...
Except Microsoft doesn't get a licensing fee for games on PC, and everyone likely already owns the OS so it's not like they're rushing out to buy the OS just to play the game.

lol some people don't even buy the OS... lmao. devs are stupid

this whole fiasco may make me skip out on titanfall and just stick with COD just to stick it to them.
---
See The Game Collection
http://www.gamespot.com/users/nights_team2k7/games_table?mode=own
#13ein311Posted 10/31/2013 9:08:22 AM
Why can't people just buy a game on the platform of their choice without having the "sticking it to the MAN" motive being involved?

Gaming's too f***ing serious anymore.
---
Man your own jackhammer
Man your battlestations
#14ShadowThaReaperPosted 10/31/2013 9:10:08 AM
ein311 posted...
Why can't people just buy a game on the platform of their choice without having the "sticking it to the MAN" motive being involved?

Because companies step out of line, and getting in trouble for it should be a huge motivator in a free market.

Unfortunately, gamers are some of the dumbest people ever. It's why Sony and Microsoft can still sell consoles.
#15Dark973Posted 10/31/2013 9:13:46 AM
ShadowThaReaper posted...
ThePCElitist posted...
People just don't trust the console after what MS tried doing with the whole mandatory online checks and extreme DRM that treated you like scum.

Which is funny, because they shouldn't trust Sony, either, and you know a few of those idiots will go out and buy a PS4. If Sony's past and present shenanigans don't bother you, then don't complain about Microsoft, because you are a hypocrite.

Neogaf is leaking out all over the place and is criticizing Microsoft for things both of them do. Everybody should be a PC gamer.

I'm going to be a little ignorant here and ask... Like what? I never owned a PS1 and only got a PS2 near the very end of its life then got a PS3 when Final Fantasy 13 came out and have had it since...

What have they done? Anything? PlayStation Plus? Honestly on the Free games alone, its provided me value. Online passes? I think 360 games had them too? Took away Linux support and PS2 support? It was sad to see them go, but it was to reduce cost I think...something they did considering the current PS3 slim (and when I got mine also) Was not $599 USD....

I am sure they have done something I will/can agree with...but Maybe it was not something I noticed or cared about...Unlike Microsoft nearly everything they have done with the 360 (that I also got near launch) to today with the Xbox One. Nearly everything they have done...and I mean EVERYTHING it has done has been retarded and pointless. Requiring Live to do ...well anything but playing a disk based game on the system? I refuse especially when I have other systems that not only provide better/higher quality streaming for NO EXTRA COST. I'm honestly surprised they have not come out to say to watch a Blu-ray/DVD that you will need Xbox live gold...

Point is, Gold has no point. it is a cash cow that Microsoft has and it is working for them! (congrats to them!) But it is something that has absolutely no value to me... And with everything they have tried (some redacted and some kept and most I doubt we know yet) has been negative to the gamer/user/owner of their software/hardware.
#16DoramiPosted 10/31/2013 9:16:10 AM
"I don't like how MS tries to lock down an already restrictive platform, so I'll stick it to them by supporting software that locks down what I can do on an open platform."
---
"...Ashley takes on Lord Blazer alone in a white cape with flowing rockstar hair while playing his impossibly cool sword as a guitar..." - LBoksha
#17ShadowThaReaperPosted 10/31/2013 9:26:28 AM(edited)
Dark973 posted...

What have they done? Anything? PlayStation Plus? Honestly on the Free games alone, its provided me value. Online passes? I think 360 games had them too? Took away Linux support and PS2 support? It was sad to see them go, but it was to reduce cost I think...something they did considering the current PS3 slim (and when I got mine also) Was not $599 USD....

I am sure they have done something I will/can agree with...but Maybe it was not something I noticed or cared about...Unlike Microsoft nearly everything they have done with the 360 (that I also got near launch) to today with the Xbox One. Nearly everything they have done...and I mean EVERYTHING it has done has been retarded and pointless. Requiring Live to do ...well anything but playing a disk based game on the system? I refuse especially when I have other systems that not only provide better/higher quality streaming for NO EXTRA COST. I'm honestly surprised they have not come out to say to watch a Blu-ray/DVD that you will need Xbox live gold...

Point is, Gold has no point. it is a cash cow that Microsoft has and it is working for them! (congrats to them!) But it is something that has absolutely no value to me... And with everything they have tried (some redacted and some kept and most I doubt we know yet) has been negative to the gamer/user/owner of their software/hardware.

This is a bunch of fanbboy drivel. There's no way I can shatter your pre-conceived notions that Sony is some sort of good guy.

Playstation Plus is nothing but a way to get you to pay them monthly. It's a way to lock you into the PS4(it's mandatory for online play) just like Live was. And no, they aren't "free" games. You're paying for them monthly.

Online passes, I like the fact that you dismissed them just because Microsoft was doing it. That's the crap I'm talking about, fanboy.

Taking away Linux had nothing to do with cost, and that makes no sense. Taking away PS2 support was rotten, no matter the reason.

Dark973 posted...
Gold has no point. it is a cash cow that Microsoft has and it is working for them! (congrats to them!) But it is something that has absolutely no value to me...

Another bout of fanboy bologna. Gold is starting to offer "free" games.

Dark973 posted...
And with everything they have tried (some redacted and some kept and most I doubt we know yet) has been negative to the gamer/user/owner of their software/hardware.

Yes. Much like sticking rootkits on to CDs, like what Sony used to do. :)

Sony is a well known liar.
http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2013/02/sony-ps3-promises/

Of course, with you Sony Dronies it's always "IF SONY DOES IT IT'S OKAY! IF ANYONE ELSE DOES IT, IT'S BAD!"

You only have to look at mandatory PS+ for online multiplayer to see the bullcrap. The "free" games aren't gonna be here forever. Guarantee.
#18therickmu25Posted 10/31/2013 10:00:32 AM
I am annoyed as well at the people that are worshipping Sony but treating MS like the devil. Sony did nothing but run a smear campaign to appeal to the mass of close minded people that hate change and all the while masking their own BS policies that are just about the same as Microsoft's now. Usually when you have to come out and keep saying, "see look how nice we are, look we care so much" that really means you don't care as much as the next company.
---
Games List: http://i.imgur.com/n5R72Cl.jpg
PC Setup: http://i.imgur.com/fUPqE7N.jpg
#19KidIcarootsPosted 10/31/2013 10:24:22 AM
zak234 posted...
Recently, EA CFO Blake Jorgensen has stated that Respawn Entertainment’s Titanfall will be a life-time exclusive to the Xbox One, Xbox 360 and PC. Despite Respawn’s Vince Zampella saying this wouldn’t be for all the games in the series, many detractors have expressed their anger by opting to buy the PC version instead of either Xbox version, presumably to “stick it” to Microsoft.

However, a confirmed Xbox One dev on Reddit pointed out the fallacy in this logic. “All the people saying they will just buy it for the PC are forgetting who makes the OS on the PC they have to play this game on. Time to buy more stock.”

http://gamingbolt.com/xbox-one-dev-all-those-saying-theyll-buy-titanfall-on-pc-forget-who-makes-the-os#9rumFT0PPqHOSM2j.99

What an imbecile.
#20Dark973Posted 10/31/2013 10:58:17 AM
ShadowThaReaper posted...
Stuff you said

Wow, Really? I ask a question and try to let you know the thoughts I had on it and you attack me and call me a fanboy? And for what reason? Because you couldn't come up a good answer? I see why people have you on ignore you are an awful person and just attack anything that you think is different than you.

But really, to respond to your trolling me/calling me a fanboy...

One, I never said Sony was a good guy. They are not..they are a business here to make money off US. Quite honestly I don't like most of the things Sony makes. That includes phones, cameras, TVS, Laptops, First party games... Like really, I dont even know where you got that idea from.

Two, Yes PlayStation Plus is a way to get me to pay them Monthly/Yearly. Again they are a business and they are providing a service. I get Cloud saves, Auto-updates, the "Free" Monthly subscription games and Discounts that normally amount to more than what the "monthly" Subscription is. And as I also tried to convey these things allow me to justify the cost. Unlike Microsoft who have the entire console blocked off...and Since last year or so I've all but stopped using the console because of these pay requirements that I can get for free elseware.

Three, I dissmissed Online passes because this conversation is about the bad things SONY did. Both companies did them so it was not sony who was at fault. This does not make it right. However; for myself I only buy new to support devs nor do I play games online hardly ever. So Dismissed.

Four, Taking away Backwards compatibility... I understand the want for it. my PC is backwards compatible for nearly everything... But in my case, I saved THREE HUNDRED DOLLERS by not having it. I would have never got a $599 PS3, ever...

Five, fanboy bologna... Sure. I'll give you yes, they are.... But still everything else requires Live, and this is much to late. They have also said they were for short time only..and then redacted that also... More Dis-trust for microsoft. However; to add. If the Free games go away, you can almost bet my Sub will be gone. I dont play Console games online so why pay?

Six, I know nothing about these rootkits. (just looked it up) and Wow, thats nuts. Another reason for me not liking sony things.

Seven, as for that link... I'm sure you could do that for nearly all companies and a lot of those are Weird Stretches. But True never-the-less

Eight, Sony Dronies....? Where did you ever get the Idea I was a sony fanboy? I'm a PC gamer... I am a Nintendo Fanboy if anything. I even stated my history with the Sony consoles....How can I be a fanboy if it took something NOT sony realated for me to get a Sony product? I even got the 360 AT LAUNCH... but not the PS3. If anything you should call me a Microsoft Fanboy... I have far more Microsoft stuff than Sony stuff.

I'm fortunate to have all current system and a decent gaming PC. However; going into this new Generation I got a Wii U day 1. Love it... Awaiting First party Nintendo games because I know they will be some of the greatest games again, in this new generation (See.. Nintendo Fanboy!) Looking at the other two...

PS4 is looking Alright...But no games for it that will make me buy it yet. Maybe Kingdom Hearts? But that will be for both... I will get it for the better System (Higher Rez, Better Framerate.. Ect.)

For the Xbox One. I Dont even have TV service at my house and havn't in nearly 6 or so years... I have an OTA Antenna for locals (3 whole channels... ABC, PBS, VTN(church network)) I could care less for nearly anything the Xbox-one offers. I would only use games.... and I am not a large fan of most "Western" games...so it might be a while for BOTH systems...

You should really learn to not bash people online, its not good for your health...

Cheers.