This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is there any reason to consider getting vanilla Dead Rising 2?

#1btaylorstlPosted 10/31/2013 8:57:21 AM
I already picked up Dead Rising 2: Off the Record in a sale a while back and haven't gotten around to it. I heard that it's basically the same game with some extra content and you play as a different character. Is there any reason at all I should consider getting the original and playing that first? Or is Off the Record kind of the "GOTY" edition of sorts?
---
This signature will not change until the St. Louis Cardinals win the World Series. Started: 10/29/11
#2PhilOnDezPosted 10/31/2013 9:00:04 AM
As a huge Dead Rising fan, OTR is what 2 should have been. Personally, I wouldn't bother with 2 if you have OTR, if you had 2 and enjoyed it then OTR would be worth a buy just for the improved experience.
---
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez
#3lionheart5656Posted 10/31/2013 9:04:05 AM
No.It's just a random mash A zombie fest.

There's no depth or interest to it. The only upside it has is the bosses are somewhat entertaining from a story point of view.
---
http://tinyurl.com/3ljyptn
Shooting blanks, every time, all the time.
#4btaylorstl(Topic Creator)Posted 10/31/2013 9:05:04 AM
Good to hear. I won't worry about the original version then. Thanks!
---
This signature will not change until the St. Louis Cardinals win the World Series. Started: 10/29/11
#5Bikes-Posted 10/31/2013 9:25:36 AM(edited)
The only thing I think they removed was the multiplayer mode (not co-op, but the death match motorcycle thing) That being said, I'd guess that's long dead anyway.

Story is more or less the same, only real difference is that instead of frank west, you got chuck and his daughter (who's the one who's bit instead of frank) and there's a few minor changes to the missions to include the new area and spoiler: (and I think TK charges you a ransom half way through the game for some reason, which IIRC he doesn't in the original)
---
FC: 2921-9087-2265