This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Trying to decide if I should upgrade

#1GridlockitPosted 10/31/2013 9:41:40 AM
I dont want advice from someone who is biased again nvidia or AMD, Ive had cards from both companies and both work fairly well. Right now I have a Radeon HD 6950 2gb card and I thinking about upgrading to something 400 dollars and under for the next couple of years.

So far ive had my eye on http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130945

Any suggestions and would I see a noticeable performance increase or should I wait for another series to come out?
#2tiger8191Posted 10/31/2013 9:55:08 AM
A difference btw a 6950 and a 770? A huge difference. Not even close in terms of performance.
---
www.youtube.com/user/FearsomeBeaver
www.twitch.tv/fearsomebeaver
#3Rexdragon125Posted 10/31/2013 9:56:10 AM
Think for yourself. You have a good card, but are you getting unsatisfactory frame rates on satisfactory quality settings?
#4Gridlockit(Topic Creator)Posted 10/31/2013 9:59:25 AM
Its not necessarily unsatisfactory, its mostly finding a card that will play games at max settings for a couple of years to come. Thats why I asked, Should I buy now or wait for another series to come out.
#5pitt12177Posted 10/31/2013 10:03:25 AM
If you can and want to afford it, it's a good choice. Personally my buy point for an upgrade is 280-300ish. The 770 should be around that give or take another year. But it's definitely a card that will be able to max for a while.