This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Trying to decide if I should upgrade

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Trying to decide if I should upgrade

User Info: Gridlockit

Gridlockit
3 years ago#1
I dont want advice from someone who is biased again nvidia or AMD, Ive had cards from both companies and both work fairly well. Right now I have a Radeon HD 6950 2gb card and I thinking about upgrading to something 400 dollars and under for the next couple of years.

So far ive had my eye on http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130945

Any suggestions and would I see a noticeable performance increase or should I wait for another series to come out?

User Info: tiger8191

tiger8191
3 years ago#2
A difference btw a 6950 and a 770? A huge difference. Not even close in terms of performance.
www.youtube.com/user/FearsomeBeaver
www.twitch.tv/fearsomebeaver

User Info: Rexdragon125

Rexdragon125
3 years ago#3
Think for yourself. You have a good card, but are you getting unsatisfactory frame rates on satisfactory quality settings?

User Info: Gridlockit

Gridlockit
3 years ago#4
Its not necessarily unsatisfactory, its mostly finding a card that will play games at max settings for a couple of years to come. Thats why I asked, Should I buy now or wait for another series to come out.

User Info: pitt12177

pitt12177
3 years ago#5
If you can and want to afford it, it's a good choice. Personally my buy point for an upgrade is 280-300ish. The 770 should be around that give or take another year. But it's definitely a card that will be able to max for a while.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Trying to decide if I should upgrade

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived