This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Sega just released Blood as a DLC for Rome II.....

#31Bazooka_PenguinPosted 10/31/2013 8:56:02 PM
What's wrong with making this a DLC? It's just some visual effects. And I really doubt the artists are going to be the ones fixing bugs in the code.
---
Deth Pen
http://i.imgur.com/eMXgU.gif
#32KenimaticPosted 10/31/2013 9:11:44 PM
Didn't see this coming.
#33daemon_danPosted 10/31/2013 9:17:29 PM(edited)
Mudkip57 posted...
PepsiWithCoke posted...

Or it could be the fact that Sega is full of suits who only think of how to nickle and dime customers as much as they can.

Por que no los dos? Get it to a wider audience, and charge those who feel a person should have 3 gallons of blood

People have 1-2 gallons of blood. Just a fun fact
---
"Frightened by your own smell. Bitterness will run you through."
~In Flames: Bullet Ride
#34Cool_Dude667Posted 10/31/2013 9:18:39 PM
Didn't Shogun 2 have the same dlc?
---
Not changing this sig until Christ returns -- Started 30 A.D
3770K @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance | GTX 670 SLi
#35Last Grand MageX2Posted 10/31/2013 11:07:59 PM
One of the reasons they do this (besides the obvious cash grab) is that by making it a paid DLC, they get a lower ESRB rating. By making the blood and gore pack a paid DLC only the DLC pack gets a rating based on including blood and gore. With that said they should've sold it for 99 cents especially given how terrible this launch was, and how negative the overall response has been.
---
I try, but not very hard, product of my generation-snoochtonooch
#36ein311Posted 10/31/2013 11:42:21 PM
----E

Got my pitchfork, now what?
---
Man your own jackhammer
Man your battlestations
#37PaukenPosted 11/1/2013 12:20:00 AM
Should've been an option in the base game, but I understand why they made it separate; the ESRB apparently doesn't understand the meaning of the word "option" and often slaps m ratings on games which have blood/gore toggles anyway (seriously, Dawn of War pre-Dark Crusade was actually less violent than Starcraft if you toggled blood, and even DC and Soulstorm were pretty damn tame if one edited a config file to disable the blood...and yet all 4 games got an M rating despite the toggle really getting it closer to e10+). By making that option DLC, they effectively bypass the normal ratings system, which means more people buying the game. Yes it's overpriced, but tbh some of us would actually prefer to have bloodless carnage, so the DLC doesn't effect us.

Is it a dirty move? Yeah. Is it the worst type of DLC? No, that honour would belong to Asura's Wrath and Mafia 2, with both games having their endings locked behind expensive DLC (well, Asura's Wrath at least; my understanding of Mafia 2's situation is that there's a huge chunk of the game world set aside as DLC, with more than half the locations being disc-locked and only accessible through buying the adLC...whether that effects the ending or not isn't clear to me, but it's still dickish to lock so much content behind a DLC paywall and charge 60 bucks MSRP for a mere shell of a game). You can still clear any Total War game without paying a dime on DLC, and that likely won't change any time soon.
#38FenriswolfPosted 11/1/2013 12:38:17 AM
I blame Steam for enabling publishers to get away with this crap on PC. I remember playing COD4 and WaW on PC where the DLC was given free to all players, but as soon as COD moved to Steamworks, $15 map packs became standard. What happened to the days when developers gave away bonus maps and content for free?
---
Hello
#39Broccoli92Posted 11/1/2013 1:12:41 AM(edited)
I miss the days where there's expansion packs :(.

Now it's filled with ridiculous DLC costumes, guns, maps, skins.
---
Intel i5 3470 3.20GHz | Sapphire HD 7850 2GB | 8GB RAM | Asrock Z77 PRO3 |WD 1TB| PSU 650w Enermax
#40MarceloSampaioPosted 11/1/2013 4:28:35 AM(edited)
Last Grand MageX2 posted...
One of the reasons they do this (besides the obvious cash grab) is that by making it a paid DLC, they get a lower ESRB rating. By making the blood and gore pack a paid DLC only the DLC pack gets a rating based on including blood and gore. With that said they should've sold it for 99 cents especially given how terrible this launch was, and how negative the overall response has been.

But ESRB rating means nothing on Steam. Its a digital store, a kid who can buy a game on Steam can buy a mature game any day. Its not like Steam is gonna check your ID. :p
---
:3
Everything is nice and cool... until the roach starts to fly!