This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Just ordered a gaming mousepad

#1daftpunk_mk5Posted 10/31/2013 12:40:15 PM
http://www.amazon.com/Razer-Sphex-Gaming-Grade-Desktop/dp/B002NEFQZU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1383251822&sr=8-1&keywords=sphex

This one right here. Before you say anything, yes I do need a mousepad because I use a clear glass desk. I'm using a brown leather mousepad at the moment but it's several years old and is very worn out. It also slides around my desk quite a bit. Based on the reviews, the Sphex seems great. Thin enough to slide any excess under your keyboard if you're limited on space, adhesive back that'll stick to my glass desk, and the happy medium of not-too-rough not-too-slippery.

Using a Corsair M60 mouse.
---
Some say that his voice can only be heard by cats, and that he has two sets of knees... all we know is, he's called the Stig.
#2daftpunk_mk5(Topic Creator)Posted 11/2/2013 3:59:52 PM
Came in. It's pretty awesome. It has more area than I expected and it's absurdly thin.
---
Some say that his voice can only be heard by cats, and that he has two sets of knees... all we know is, he's called the Stig.
#3PraetorXynPosted 11/2/2013 9:36:16 PM
daftpunk_mk5 posted...
Came in. It's pretty awesome. It has more area than I expected and it's absurdly thin.

Steel Series QCK are about the best cheap pads you can get.

PureTrak Talent costs around $35, but it's dimensions are something like 19" x 14" x 1/4". Insanely comfortable because of the thickness, and the surface area is enormous for low sensitivity gaming. Surface is the best trackign also.

None of it's goign to make much difference with a laser sensor though as they have built-in acceleration and prediction that can't be removed.
---
Console war in a nutshell:
http://imgur.com/xA6GJZ9
#4DV8ingSourcesPosted 11/2/2013 9:45:28 PM
PraetorXyn posted...
None of it's goign to make much difference with a laser sensor though as they have built-in acceleration and prediction that can't be removed.

Having a g500s, I've done some testing and I honestly can't detect any acceleration or prediction. Drawing lines in paint and using 'stops' for mouse travel and varying my speed, the lines are all the same length and there is no obvious horizontal or vertical 'prediction' going on while drawing shapes at differing speeds. There is an option for "angle snapping" in the software but having it off seems to make things perform as expected. I have a g400 optical and honestly can't tell any noticeable difference between the two, even with completely different sensors.
---
2500k @ 4.4 | P8Z68-V Pro | H80 | 8GB | 670 | 256 ssd | 6Tb hdd | Win 8 64bit | ax1200w | BD burner | cm690II
Steam: DV8ing1
#5aak57Posted 11/2/2013 9:49:15 PM
DV8ingSources posted...
PraetorXyn posted...

Having a g500s, I've done some testing and I honestly can't detect any acceleration or prediction. Drawing lines in paint and using 'stops' for mouse travel and varying my speed, the lines are all the same length and there is no obvious horizontal or vertical 'prediction' going on while drawing shapes at differing speeds. There is an option for "angle snapping" in the software but having it off seems to make things perform as expected. I have a g400 optical and honestly can't tell any noticeable difference between the two, even with completely different sensors.

The acceleration is 5%, so it's really only something that low-sensitivity users would notice. I don't believe that the adns-9800 has prediction, though.
---
http://i.imgur.com/ULj4q.jpg
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended.
#6_GRIM_FANDANGO_Posted 11/3/2013 8:47:43 AM
It is cheap... but expensive in a way

The adhesive at the bottom will not stay intact for a very long time. It is also hard to take with you when you play somewhere else because removing and placing it all the time makes this even faster, and you can not just roll it up like a regular mousepad.

The other thing is that it does not really even out any irregularity on your desk surface.

I got it from someone for free but did not like it. You are better of with something like a SS Qck imho.
---
I5 3570 | GTX 760 | FILCO Majestouch 2 tenkeyless | Zowie FK | Asus Xonar DGX | Kingston 120 GB SSD | Sennheiser HD 518 | Samsung S24A350H
#7daftpunk_mk5(Topic Creator)Posted 11/3/2013 6:19:00 PM
_GRIM_FANDANGO_ posted...
It is cheap... but expensive in a way

The adhesive at the bottom will not stay intact for a very long time. It is also hard to take with you when you play somewhere else because removing and placing it all the time makes this even faster, and you can not just roll it up like a regular mousepad.

The other thing is that it does not really even out any irregularity on your desk surface.

I got it from someone for free but did not like it. You are better of with something like a SS Qck imho.

I have a smooth glass desk and I wiped it off before sticking the pad, so it's on smoothly, and I don't plan on moving it at all. It's great for me because I have somewhat limited desk space so I can have my keyboard overlapping without it becoming unstable. I had been looking at the steel series and decided this one would be better for my needs.
---
#8GarquillPosted 11/3/2013 6:34:31 PM
aak57 posted...
DV8ingSources posted...
PraetorXyn posted...

The acceleration is 5%, so it's really only something that low-sensitivity users would notice. I don't believe that the adns-9800 has prediction, though.

it's worse if you can't feel it because then you can't adjust to it; it just stays an anomaly in your aim
---
backloggery.com/Garquille
"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." ~ A. Einstein