This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Good gaming keyboard without the number pad?

#1Nick_SabanPosted 10/31/2013 2:35:24 PM
I spilled Coke on my Razer Black Widow this morning. I raged pretty hard. I saw the black widow tournament edition, but wanted to ask around.
---
Fat people in small amounts of clothing always makes me giggle.-SvenGeorgeson
Then you must have loads of fun looking in a mirror.-LegendaryElite
#2BomasaPosted 10/31/2013 4:31:12 PM
There is a good site for mechanical keyboards called Geekhack. I bought a CM Storm QuickFire Rapid Cherry MX Brown since they had a thread with a person from Cooler Master that was doing a promotion only on Geekhack. I think the OEM for my keyboard that I purchased for around $50 is Costar or Filco.
---
Steam ID: Bomasa
#3Sc24lifePosted 10/31/2013 4:33:27 PM
Pretty much look up mechanical keyboards. There are plenty of threads and resources out there.

After you found your mech keyboard of choice google tenkeyless x. With x being the keyboard of choice.
---
"planetside 2 would only have 30 people running around on a small map fighting."
- GunWolfAlpha
#4JockoPosted 10/31/2013 4:36:16 PM
Since your keyboard is dead anyway try putting it in the dishwasher and report back to us. I've heard stories of this working but I've never tried it myself. It would be a great Mythbusters type experiment.
---
The oxygen's leaving my brain!!! --Clucky the Chicken
()===={SWORDSWORDSWORDSWORD> It's my SWORD sword.
#5Killah PriestPosted 10/31/2013 5:12:19 PM
corsair k65 looks ok.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#6Nick_Saban(Topic Creator)Posted 11/1/2013 6:20:45 PM
What is the difference with the cherry MX colors?
---
Fat people in small amounts of clothing always makes me giggle.-SvenGeorgeson
Then you must have loads of fun looking in a mirror.-LegendaryElite
#7Solid_FakePosted 11/1/2013 6:22:13 PM
I put my keyboard through the shower, after spilling chocolate milk on it. It worked, after a day of drying.
---
Do you get to the Cloud District very often?
Oh, what am I saying; of course you don't.
#8KabtheMentatPosted 11/1/2013 6:34:20 PM
Hey TC...he's no Bear Bryant.

But not bad.
---
Big Money. Big Women. Big Fun.
Skillz Ferguson
#9MaKhaosPosted 11/1/2013 6:39:37 PM
CM Storm Quickfire Rapid
---
"TSA lady opened my bag and asked me about my Magic: The Gathering booster packs.
I explained that they're not weapons since I have no land." -Day[9]
#10oloroPosted 11/1/2013 6:54:44 PM
Solid_Fake posted...
I put my keyboard through the shower, after spilling chocolate milk on it. It worked, after a day of drying.

On two separate occasions (spilling coke zero and sprite zero), i took off the keys and outer casing, and washed the board in everclear (or rubbing alcohol), let it dry for a day, and still works. Although it doesn't feel 100% like when i first bought it in terms of clicky-ness (feels almost new, like 95% clicky-ness), all buttons and leds still work.