This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Humble Bundle adds account linking to steam, destroys code trading and sharing.

#1calcyclePosted 10/31/2013 3:35:35 PM
http://support.humblebundle.com/customer/portal/articles/1352577-steam-key-redemption-faq

Humble bundle now takes away using codes for getting games and just puts the games in your steam account from now on. Once you link your account you can just press a button and it shows up in your account. no code required

this will obviously destroy steam code sharing, what are your thoughts on it.
---
Do not add to the Chocolate of Coach, or worship false Bills for this will imprison thou within the Blood Harvest finale for all eternity
Steam: Albatrossing
#2YoungAdultLinkPosted 10/31/2013 3:37:05 PM
Ah well, I'll never give away a spare key for a game that I already owned.

Not like I've been getting these lately, anyway.
---
Once we perfect building Mechs, I expect there to be a factory in Mexico pumping out a brand call Mechsican. I wanna buy me a Mechsican.
steamid: Rohchya
#3KidInTheHallPosted 10/31/2013 3:37:10 PM
That's cool, I like companies making things easier for me.
---
i5-3570k | ASRock Z77 Extreme6 | EVGA 560Ti 448 Classified x2 SLI | 16GB G.Skill Ares | Corsair 600T White | 212 EVO | HX750
#4daemon_danPosted 10/31/2013 3:37:32 PM
They're just enforcing their TOS. Don't see an issue
---
"Frightened by your own smell. Bitterness will run you through."
~In Flames: Bullet Ride
#5OmniNakagoPosted 10/31/2013 3:40:08 PM
Can you let a friend use your Humble Bundle account, and have them redeem games directly? It says you can unlink your accounts.
---
"God is a comedian, playing to an audience that is too afraid to laugh." -Voltaire
steamcommunity.com/id/nepenthes / twitter.com/epolsen
#6ThePCElitistPosted 10/31/2013 3:41:37 PM
Can't you just opt to store them in inventory instead? Thus allowing trading anyway?
---
When I'm Miqo'te
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3LGf9SSWrU
#7OmniNakagoPosted 10/31/2013 3:43:19 PM
ThePCElitist posted...
Can't you just opt to store them in inventory instead? Thus allowing trading anyway?

I wasn't given that option when I redeemed stuff today.
---
"God is a comedian, playing to an audience that is too afraid to laugh." -Voltaire
steamcommunity.com/id/nepenthes / twitter.com/epolsen
#8calcycle(Topic Creator)Posted 10/31/2013 3:43:35 PM
ThePCElitist posted...

codes are automatically put into your library, you can't put them in your inventory. Any duplicates you have are lost forever.
---
Do not add to the Chocolate of Coach, or worship false Bills for this will imprison thou within the Blood Harvest finale for all eternity
Steam: Albatrossing
#9Doomsday FortePosted 10/31/2013 3:44:32 PM
ThePCElitist posted...

You've never been allowed to do that with keys anyway. This is still the same process, albeit you cannot see the key yourself, and it's all automated on your behalf. I kinda wish that was an option, though. It just seems so...I don't know, weird I guess, in that it will automagically add the game to your account when you click, but why not when you buy it immediately? Why even make it separate "keys" this way if you can't gift?

What am I going to do with the games for which I have dupes of now?
---
Crimson night & Celsion moon, misfiction, not save the Player is Prayer, yes, Dance Romanesque and unfinished Romancia.
#10KanokarePosted 10/31/2013 3:48:52 PM
They've always been for personal use and only personal use. Some people thought it would be a good idea to resell them. Actually don't know if giving keys outside the 'gift' option was allowed but I sure was always thankful people were giving these away. HB ran on an honor system before now it's just a forced system. You also can't blame HB since it's likely publishers and stuff wanted a say on their system.

It's unfortunate but we shouldn't forget this is still rather cheap for those who want the games for themselves who never intend to pay the recommended amount.
---
XBL / PSN / VITA / Steam ID - Kanokare
http://www.youtube.com/user/SOTDgaming/videos