This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Games where poison or other damage over time effects are powerful?

#11Lady UnePosted 10/31/2013 4:14:27 PM
klaxender posted...
Dark Souls
Skyrim
Neverwinter Nights 2 (not sure about 1)

Nah, new school D&D nerfed poison.

Back in the day it pretty much just killed you via HP loss.
---
Leader of the Elder Cult of Jiub.
I still love Scribs.
#12Kokuei05Posted 10/31/2013 4:24:38 PM(edited)
Minecraft. The down side is that you have to splash up close which if someone's heading towards you; you can easily miss the throw or you get spashed too.

Assassin's Creed series. Doesn't matter how highly regarded the guard is; stealth poison blade or throwing a poison dart will kill them.
---
Girls are scary.
#13akuma634Posted 10/31/2013 4:30:14 PM
I remember Morrowind having some cool poison spells. As a low level mage, I got a poison touch spell and I'd hit somebody with it, then keep them off me with some projectiles until they drop dead quickly.
---
http://www.last.fm/user/akuma634
#14joblessloserPosted 10/31/2013 4:55:14 PM
Maybe Torchlight 2. Someone can C/D this?
#15lionheart5656Posted 10/31/2013 5:01:04 PM
akuma634 posted...
I remember Morrowind having some cool poison spells. As a low level mage, I got a poison touch spell and I'd hit somebody with it, then keep them off me with some projectiles until they drop dead quickly.

Or you could just nail them with the spells to begin with and kill them outright.

Poison in those games is only good if you know you have no way to fight back and so you poison and run all day.
---
http://tinyurl.com/3ljyptn
Shooting blanks, every time, all the time.
#16PhilOnDezPosted 10/31/2013 5:19:44 PM
Borderlands 1, if you found a low level hellfire that was basically the only weapon you needed to beat the game. Even enemies who were resistant to fire damage just melted when you put on the heat. If you fired on an enemy until they were at 75% health they would burn to death because of the way that weapon worked. There were a few other weapons that kinda came close, but aside from a max statted double anarchy on a siren specced specifically for that weapon there wasn't really any other weapon that came close to its power.

Mass Effect 3's multiplayer has a few glitches where you can stack DoTs in a way that was never intended, I'm not sure of the exact method but it's something along the line of apply a DoT skill (warp and inferno grenade are the two that come to mind, I might be mistaken on warp though) and then fire on the enemy while the DoT is still ticking with an automatic weapon, ideally something with 100% proc chance, equipped with incindeiary ammo and the incindeiary ammo will do the damage the DoT was doing, and incindeiary ammo's damage stacks so you can burn down bosses in seconds. Not sure if it works in single player but enemies in single player are too weak to even make it worth bothering with.
---
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez
#17LordSeiferPosted 10/31/2013 5:25:46 PM
im looking for a game where I can use a shoe as a weapon, i dont care about the gameplay, I JUST REALLY LOVE SHOES, im willing to spend 20 hours playing a terrible game as long as it involves shoe melee
---
^ this
#18Logical_OnePosted 10/31/2013 5:31:56 PM
TimePharaoh posted...
You people make weird topics.

I agree.
---
Gamefaqs....the land where pokemon is the holy grail and final fantasy is God himself--Raptorleon3
#19PhilOnDezPosted 10/31/2013 5:36:08 PM
LordSeifer posted...
im looking for a game where I can use a shoe as a weapon, i dont care about the gameplay, I JUST REALLY LOVE SHOES, im willing to spend 20 hours playing a terrible game as long as it involves shoe melee

Any of the Bleach games where you can play as Hiyori have that. She's a monster with her flip-flops.
---
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez
#20AlleRacingPosted 10/31/2013 7:25:07 PM
PhilOnDez posted...
Borderlands 1, if you found a low level hellfire that was basically the only weapon you needed to beat the game. Even enemies who were resistant to fire damage just melted when you put on the heat. If you fired on an enemy until they were at 75% health they would burn to death because of the way that weapon worked. There were a few other weapons that kinda came close, but aside from a max statted double anarchy on a siren specced specifically for that weapon there wasn't really any other weapon that came close to its power.

Mass Effect 3's multiplayer has a few glitches where you can stack DoTs in a way that was never intended, I'm not sure of the exact method but it's something along the line of apply a DoT skill (warp and inferno grenade are the two that come to mind, I might be mistaken on warp though) and then fire on the enemy while the DoT is still ticking with an automatic weapon, ideally something with 100% proc chance, equipped with incindeiary ammo and the incindeiary ammo will do the damage the DoT was doing, and incindeiary ammo's damage stacks so you can burn down bosses in seconds. Not sure if it works in single player but enemies in single player are too weak to even make it worth bothering with.

I would argue that a Burning Rhino is more potent than a Hellfire. Also, things like the Defiler, Serpens, Ogre, Aries or Nemesis were right up there. An Invader Nemesis was probably the most potent weapon in the game.
---
http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/8325/scrunchface2copyfx0.png
http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/default/alle5.jpg