This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

looking into pc gaming

#1ctrdrftrPosted 10/31/2013 6:29:11 PM
I've been really interested in building a gaming pc, partly because of games but also to learn and it seems like a lot of fun to build one. Question I have is if you were in my shoes where I'll most likely get a next gen console to play games that may not be released on pc, the tales series for instance doesn't appear to have ever had a pc release.

Is it worth spending 1000-1500 on something plus another 400 on a ps4 lets say? How many of you here do console and pc gaming? It would also be nice to dump my laptop which is swamped with all the pictures movies and music between my wife and I. Just wondering what yhe opinions are out there, thanks.
---
GT: Automatic Man
PSN: Ethicon
#2steveboblarryPosted 10/31/2013 6:30:36 PM
For 1000-1500 you can get a really good rig
---
What Miley Cyrus did was not twerking, it was windshield wiping
#3TreGoodaPosted 10/31/2013 6:31:36 PM
I game on all the consoles as well as pc. I prefer XBOX though.

Building a PC is fun and a good experience. Plus lots of sales on games. However, I think games that initially release on consoles are normally better on consoles.
---
"Get a life! What? I'm a gamer, I have tons of lives."
#4DerPancakePosted 10/31/2013 6:31:52 PM
I have a WiiU, and I wish I had never bough it.
---
EVGA
#5ctrdrftr(Topic Creator)Posted 10/31/2013 6:37:05 PM
I've been more of an xbox guy also but simply because of the multiplayer side, but lets take this gen for instance, if I had a gaming pc this gen I still would have bought the tales series, the last of us. Its games like those I would miss if I went exclusively pc.

Are they noticeably better on consoles if they were released first in regards to how they feel and play on pc?
---
#6MangorushXIIIPosted 10/31/2013 6:37:09 PM
I wouldn't do it if I were you, it's a waste of time and money, honestly. You're better off just stick with the current PC you have and just focus on the current and new consoles that are coming out because of the exclusive games and games that will run better on it compared to the half ass ports that are recently coming out for PC.

TreGooda posted...

However, I think games that initially release on consoles are normally better on consoles.

^
This..so much this.
#7ctrdrftr(Topic Creator)Posted 10/31/2013 6:40:29 PM
MangorushXIII posted...
I wouldn't do it if I were you, it's a waste of time and money, honestly. You're better off just stick with the current PC you have and just focus on the current and new consoles that are coming out because of the exclusive games and games that will run better on it compared to the half ass ports that are recently coming out for PC.

TreGooda posted...

However, I think games that initially release on consoles are normally better on consoles.

^
This..so much this.

Good to know. Do you feel that way because a console can be had for half the price?
---
#8DerPancakePosted 10/31/2013 6:46:03 PM
All multiplayer games (besides sports games) are better on PC.
---
EVGA
#9Snuckie7Posted 10/31/2013 6:47:56 PM
TreGooda posted...

Building a PC is fun and a good experience. Plus lots of sales on games. However, I think games that initially release on consoles are normally better on consoles.

Nope, the consoles even at launch won't come anywhere close to a $1000 PC.
---
Intel Core i7 3820 | EVGA X79 SLI K2 | MSI 7950 Twin Frozr III | Samsung / 840 120GB / 8GB RAM | 1TB WD Caviar Blue | Corsair / 550D / H70 | Silencer MKIII 600W
#10yhmusicPosted 10/31/2013 6:48:36 PM
Honestly only bother with PC if you are into indie games and mods. The fun that can be had with L4D/GTAIV/Fallout/Skyrim /Garrys/Minecraft mods is really what makes PC gaming imo.

That is the one reason it is so hard for me to game on consoles, no user created content. Plus I love me some MOBA's (HoN.Dota2/LoL) [which started off as mods btw].
---
i produce/sing/write-
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL79C8AA8CD62A06C4