This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

looking into pc gaming

#11TreGoodaPosted 10/31/2013 10:20:00 PM
Snuckie7 posted...
TreGooda posted...
I game on all the consoles as well as pc. I prefer XBOX though.

Building a PC is fun and a good experience. Plus lots of sales on games. However, I think games that initially release on consoles are normally better on consoles.

Nope, the consoles even at launch won't come anywhere close to a $1000 PC.

If you believe that graphical advantages are the only advantages your post might make sense. My PC costs more than $1000 parted out and have been gaming on pc ever since DOOM days and I stand by that statement.
---
"Get a life! What? I'm a gamer, I have tons of lives."
#12daemon_danPosted 10/31/2013 10:27:55 PM
Don't listen to Mangorush. Games that are ported to PC range from bad port to great port. But a bad port is usually not so bad as to not be equivalent to the console counterpart. What we mean by bad is lazy, just ripping the game and coding it for PC. Making it so it's got no improvements or freedom. Add in the ability to enhance it graphically, and/or mod it, and you've got a good port.
---
"Frightened by your own smell. Bitterness will run you through."
~In Flames: Bullet Ride
#13steveboblarryPosted 10/31/2013 10:28:50 PM
ctrdrftr posted...
MangorushXIII posted...
I wouldn't do it if I were you, it's a waste of time and money, honestly. You're better off just stick with the current PC you have and just focus on the current and new consoles that are coming out because of the exclusive games and games that will run better on it compared to the half ass ports that are recently coming out for PC.

TreGooda posted...

However, I think games that initially release on consoles are normally better on consoles.

^
This..so much this.

Good to know. Do you feel that way because a console can be had for half the price?

Please do not listen to Mangorush he just likes to be cute
---
What Miley Cyrus did was not twerking, it was windshield wiping
#14Snuckie7Posted 10/31/2013 11:02:49 PM
TreGooda posted...
Snuckie7 posted...
TreGooda posted...

Building a PC is fun and a good experience. Plus lots of sales on games. However, I think games that initially release on consoles are normally better on consoles.

Nope, the consoles even at launch won't come anywhere close to a $1000 PC.

If you believe that graphical advantages are the only advantages your post might make sense. My PC costs more than $1000 parted out and have been gaming on pc ever since DOOM days and I stand by that statement.

Consoles aren't inherently better at anything than PCs, so graphical advantages among other things.
---
Intel Core i7 3820 | EVGA X79 SLI K2 | MSI 7950 Twin Frozr III | Samsung / 840 120GB / 8GB RAM | 1TB WD Caviar Blue | Corsair / 550D / H70 | Silencer MKIII 600W
#15BIGGESTPS3FANPosted 10/31/2013 11:22:39 PM
I will be getting both a PS4 and Xbox One. I just can't live without the exclusives.

From what I've played of TitanFall, it's worth an XBO alone then you throw in Dead Rising and Forza... And PS4 has a good lineup as well, though, nothing really appealing at launch, outside of Killzone, which was also a lot of fun to play.
---
Intel i5-3570k | Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7970 x2 | 8 GB G.Skill Ripjaw X | Asus P8Z77-V Pro | Corsair 500R | Corsair HX750 | 1 TB Seagate HDD | 120 GB Intel 520 SSD
#16TimePharaohPosted 10/31/2013 11:39:45 PM
TreGooda posted...
However, I think games that initially release on consoles are normally better on consoles.

Uh....no?
---
HE are genius, firstly. - ASlaveObeys
GestapoFAQs http://i.imgur.com/prqCDHz.png http://i.imgur.com/ooNGE4u.png
#17daemon_danPosted 10/31/2013 11:50:59 PM
BIGGESTPS3FAN posted...
I will be getting both a PS4 and Xbox One. I just can't live without the exclusives.

From what I've played of TitanFall, it's worth an XBO alone then you throw in Dead Rising and Forza... And PS4 has a good lineup as well, though, nothing really appealing at launch, outside of Killzone, which was also a lot of fun to play.

>.>It's releasing on PC.... at least TitanFall is.
---
"Frightened by your own smell. Bitterness will run you through."
~In Flames: Bullet Ride
#18BuburibonPosted 11/1/2013 12:15:14 AM
BIGGESTPS3FAN posted...

Are you excited? I can't say that I am unfortunately. In fact, I'm probably only going to pick up the consoles a couple days after launch when the dust settles a bit. You know, the thought of having to line up (in spite of having fully paid pre-orders) on the eve of release, in the middle of all that madness, sounds pretty painful right now.
---
3770K @ 4.5Ghz | 16GB | TITAN
Steam | PSN | XBL: GVAmson23
#19TreGoodaPosted 11/1/2013 8:09:20 AM
TimePharaoh posted...
TreGooda posted...

Uh....no?

Halo > better on console
sports games > better on console
platformers > better on console
call of duty > better on console
fighting games > better on console

Elder Scrolls > better on pc
rts > better on pc
battlefield > better on pc
Left4Dead > better on pc

Honestly, when I play pc I normally just play games that are pc only because you can get a lot of stuff you can't get on consoles that is amazing. Civ, Warcraft, Starcraft, Chivalry, etc.

I agree with the guy that said independent games and modding are amazing on pc. It's the biggest reason to game on pc imho.

When you factor in the community support (especially for games like COD and Halo), intended controller (even though I can hook up MS controllers to pc and games not intended for modding, I feel the console just provides a much better experience on console centered games. Many of these games just feel clunky on pc.

Also, doing a little inventory on my pc last night, I have almost $1,000 in just accessories. I game more on pc than anything else and it's my favorite thing to game on, however, no way it beats consoles at console games.
---
"Get a life! What? I'm a gamer, I have tons of lives."
#20easymodexzPosted 11/1/2013 8:20:08 AM
TreGooda posted...

Halo > better on console

Halo is a trash FPS franchise. Literally the only reason it's popular is that it was the best available for consoles at the time.

In any case, literally any FPS is better on the PC.

The only genres where consoles are actually inherently better are sports games, racing games, and fighting games. And to be honest, most of those are on par on the PC as long as you can hook up an input device more compatible with those genres (e.g. a controller or stick).

There are some genres that consoles are good for because they have limited availability on the PC (JRPGs for example). However, that does not make consoles good at those things, it just makes them available on the console (note: this is a legit reason to favor the console, all I'm saying is that the genre does not inherently play better on the console).

And that's the bottom line ... the main reason to get a console over a PC is the availability of titles / exclusives and genres that are generally not available on a PC.