This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

looking into pc gaming

#311618dudePosted 11/3/2013 11:11:01 AM
I still do not understand why Mangorush stays here... His posts are always ridiculous and as a troll, he's just not very good. He must lead a very sad life to think his trolling is actually funny or that anyone here cares for his opinion. Please, Mangorush... Stop embarrassing yourself. Go play some of your console games, maybe actually get a life... who knows?

Anyway TC, If I were on your shoes, I would get a PC for many other reasons like mods, better performance and graphics, more flexibility... You gave us a good budget to get yourself a good pc. Even if you aren't really that interested in some games, well... Why don't you try them anyway? Since it seems you'll also have a console, try to get the multiplatforms games for the PC and leave the exclusives for the console (it's not like you really got a choice here haha).

Well, do what you think it's better for you, but I think you would really enjoy PC gaming. It's a blast.
#32DV8ingSourcesPosted 11/3/2013 11:15:29 AM
ctrdrftr posted...
So I hate to revive this but from simply a game perspective, if I'm not interested in any rts game or or games with a point and click only no controller type gameplay should I just stay on consoles

Almost all big games are multiplatform and the pc has better performance and visuals in those games with only a handful of games out of the thousands being ported dreadfully. If you like games and access to games, PC is by far the best choice. Exclusives and your personal friend 'community' should be the only reasons you'd be looking at a next gen console.

While my pc wasn't cheap, I can seriously just double click any of the 500 games I have installed and be playing in seconds with better graphics, performance, and freedom when compared to the console counterparts.

Console gaming is a joke these days with the lack of worthwhile exclusives.
---
2500k @ 4.4 | P8Z68-V Pro | H80 | 8GB | 670 | 256 ssd | 6Tb hdd | Win 8 64bit | ax1200w | BD burner | cm690II
Steam: DV8ing1
#33PraetorXynPosted 11/3/2013 11:18:15 AM
TreGooda posted...
Snuckie7 posted...
TreGooda posted...
I game on all the consoles as well as pc. I prefer XBOX though.

Building a PC is fun and a good experience. Plus lots of sales on games. However, I think games that initially release on consoles are normally better on consoles.

Nope, the consoles even at launch won't come anywhere close to a $1000 PC.

If you believe that graphical advantages are the only advantages your post might make sense. My PC costs more than $1000 parted out and have been gaming on pc ever since DOOM days and I stand by that statement.

Performance will be a much larger factor than graphics, as you get 60 FPS on absolutely everything.

Not to mention you can use any controller you want (even if you have to use an XInput wrapper) and you also get mods.

The next gen consoles aren't even rendering 1080P / 60 FPS native in most cases when the generation starts. Their performance will only get worse later on, because developers will lower resolution and framerate to make the graphics prettier. That's what console optimization really is.
---
Console war in a nutshell:
http://imgur.com/xA6GJZ9
#34reincarnator07Posted 11/3/2013 3:22:51 PM(edited)
Pretty much the only reasons to get a console are exclusives or to be on the same platform as your friends. If those aren't factors, then PC is the way to go.

Also, barring terrible ports like Saints Row 2, why would multiplats be better on consoles than on PC? Even on the laziest ports (looking at Dark Souls) you get the same experience at worst. Even then, you can usually keep a higher or more consistent frame rate and higher resolution.

EDIT: You can pretty much disregard everything that MangorushXIII posts. He is well known for trolling here.
---
Fan of metal? Don't mind covers? Check out my youtube and give me some feedback
http://www.youtube.com/sircaballero
#35DarkZV2BetaPosted 11/3/2013 3:28:46 PM
ctrdrftr posted...
So I hate to revive this but from simply a game perspective, if I'm not interested in any rts game or or games with a point and click only no controller type gameplay should I just stay on consoles

No. Get a PC for multiplat titles. $800 is enough for something good. Then, play exclusives on consoles.
PC actually gets some good exclusives in console genres, too, since it actually has a real, genuine indie scene, and not that Sony-approval junk Vita and PS4 get, so you get really amazing oldschool console-style classics that very rarely get enough attention to get a console release. The only game I can think of that has is Cave Story, which was and still is free for the original PC version from back in 2002. Took over half a decade to see that on consoles, and it's one of gaming's greatest treasures.
---
Even people have toenails. Of course PCs have toenails. -claytonbuckley
#36ctrdrftr(Topic Creator)Posted 11/4/2013 7:46:37 PM
Well I'm sold. After looking at games and such the only games that I wouldn't be able to get for pc that I want to play would be destiny and jrpg's. Some games will even release on current gen.

So with that said lets say I lower my budget to $1000 excluding mouse keyboard and monitor (could I use my tv?) What would build would you guys do? I've seen builds with two or three video cards I'm sure three is overkill but would I need two to get good resolution and fps? I would like to get best I can for my budget even go up a little bit if I had to with christmas and birthday around the corner
---
GT: Automatic Man
PSN: Ethicon
#37DarkZV2BetaPosted 11/4/2013 8:07:34 PM
ctrdrftr posted...
Well I'm sold. After looking at games and such the only games that I wouldn't be able to get for pc that I want to play would be destiny and jrpg's. Some games will even release on current gen.

So with that said lets say I lower my budget to $1000 excluding mouse keyboard and monitor (could I use my tv?) What would build would you guys do? I've seen builds with two or three video cards I'm sure three is overkill but would I need two to get good resolution and fps? I would like to get best I can for my budget even go up a little bit if I had to with christmas and birthday around the corner

Multi-GPU setups come with a lot of headaches, and aren't recommended unless you know what you're getting into.

I threw this together. If you can get the OS cheaper locally, you can save some money there and maybe put it towards a better motherboard for overclocking or step the GPU up a notch.
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1XAWd
---
#38ctrdrftr(Topic Creator)Posted 11/4/2013 8:34:08 PM
I'm sorry for sounding like such an idiot, I really am very new to pc components and gaming, is that build ideal for running new games on high quality or would a better board and gpu be better And just spend a bit more money. Thanks for putting that together for me
---
GT: Automatic Man
PSN: Ethicon
#39DV8ingSourcesPosted 11/4/2013 8:35:31 PM
I'd up the budget a little and get a better GPU but otherwise that will crush most games.
---
2500k @ 4.4 | P8Z68-V Pro | H80 | 8GB | 670 | 256 ssd | 6Tb hdd | Win 8 64bit | ax1200w | BD burner | cm690II
Steam: DV8ing1
#40DarkZV2BetaPosted 11/4/2013 8:36:35 PM
It'd be fine, really. Unless you're targeting 1440p or more, it's plenty. However, if you can get a 7970/280x/GTX770, it might be worth the extra.
For the board, it only really matters if you're overclocking. A low-end board like that should be fine for a good 4+ghz on air, but might struggle, depending on how lucky you get with your CPU, at 4.5+.
---