This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anyone played Anna? These kinds of games are total bull****!

#1MiIkManPosted 10/31/2013 9:52:36 PM
I don't get the appeal of this thing. No idea what to do, literally just walking back and forth trying to click on everything so something might happen. I've never been so lost. I'm now resorting to youtube and the stuff I'm watching in the videos is nonsensical.

Who plays these and what's the appeal? I bought Anna 'cause it looked kinda creepy but you can't experience that creepiness if you can't make any progress. The puzzles aren't even fun or challenging, they're just ridiculously obscure.
---
http://i.imgur.com/tWtBoP0.jpg
http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/7614/m5n.gif
#2Carbon_DeoxxysPosted 10/31/2013 10:19:24 PM
thanks for the warning
#3StormKMDPosted 10/31/2013 10:23:05 PM
There's a part whereyou use a stick (yes, a wooden stick) to break a brick wall.I was very confused at what to do and when I saw how to I was like:

-____________________________________________-
---
MSI 660 GeForce 2GB | i5 3570K | AsRock Z77 Pro3 | Seagate Barracuda 500GB | Ballistix 8GB | Corsair CX430
#4daemon_danPosted 10/31/2013 10:45:20 PM
Storm, it was a WEAK brick wall with some cracks in it. Really guys, it's called puzzle games. They've been around for awhile. I'm sorry you have to use your brains for once.
---
"Frightened by your own smell. Bitterness will run you through."
~In Flames: Bullet Ride
#5wizardmonPosted 10/31/2013 11:12:12 PM
daemon_dan posted...
Storm, it was a WEAK brick wall with some cracks in it. Really guys, it's called puzzle games. They've been around for awhile. I'm sorry you have to use your brains for once.

If it wasn't a wood stick I'd agree with you, like a wooden bat or a wooden sledgehammer I'd naturally think about using it on a wall. But really... a stick?
---
I think I'm the only person on gamefaqs with a daughterboard - ToastyOne
New with a moderation history more plentiful than karma. - Fossil (Moderator)
#6daemon_danPosted 10/31/2013 11:16:57 PM
wizardmon posted...
daemon_dan posted...

If it wasn't a wood stick I'd agree with you, like a wooden bat or a wooden sledgehammer I'd naturally think about using it on a wall. But really... a stick?

It was a pretty large, thick branch.
---
#7lionheart5656Posted 10/31/2013 11:35:19 PM
daemon_dan posted...
wizardmon posted...
daemon_dan posted...

That's what she said.
---
http://tinyurl.com/3ljyptn
Shooting blanks, every time, all the time.
#8daemon_danPosted 10/31/2013 11:40:11 PM
lionheart5656 posted...
daemon_dan posted...
wizardmon posted...
daemon_dan posted...

That's what she said.

http://www.myfacewhen.net/uploads/3025-if-you-know-what-i-mean.png
---
#9joblessloserPosted 11/1/2013 1:29:46 AM
If you don't get the appeal, why'd you buy it? You remind me of one of those people who doesn't read the system requirements than b****es that all PC games are crap, and you want to smite down GabeN and demand a refund because you're too ignorant to check the specs. And then complain about it later.

Research. Watch youtube clips. Read reviews. Look at pictures. Whatever. We're living in an internet age, so what excuse is there for not researching what you buy?
#10daemon_danPosted 11/1/2013 1:30:38 AM
joblessloser posted...
If you don't get the appeal, why'd you buy it? You remind me of one of those people who doesn't read the system requirements than b****es that all PC games are crap, and you want to smite down GabeN and demand a refund because you're too ignorant to check the specs. And then complain about it later.

Research. Watch youtube clips. Read reviews. Look at pictures. Whatever. We're living in an internet age, so what excuse is there for not researching what you buy?

I will be your b****
---