This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Are there any good survival games on PC?

#31KabtheMentatPosted 11/1/2013 3:31:49 AM
I dunno. Spending hours and hours on a big ass complex and then blowing it up with a nuclear weapon is pretty fun.
---
Big Money. Big Women. Big Fun.
Skillz Ferguson
#32AnatomyHorrorPosted 11/1/2013 3:59:40 AM
2 people recommended How to Survive and you've yet to reply to them. All you do is argue with people. What gives?
#33MarceloSampaioPosted 11/1/2013 4:10:21 AM
AnatomyHorror posted...
2 people recommended How to Survive and you've yet to reply to them. All you do is argue with people. What gives?

Rigby_Raccoon is ignore list material. Just add him to your ignore list, and things will be A LOT better. :)
---
:3
Everything is nice and cool... until the roach starts to fly!
#34KidIcarootsPosted 11/1/2013 4:17:58 AM
Rigby_Raccoon posted...
leeland2121 posted...
^his problem with you is that when he pointed out your reasons from not liking a game you just said lolololol just speak english.

I think he was trying to get you to:
#1- say why you didnt like the art style
#2- "it doesnt make sense" (how is this even a valid reason?)

He was? He did not articulate that well at all.

Okay, let me rephrase. I don't think that Paper Mario 3D environments, 2D characters, and a fixed camera angle. I just don't think Survival games work with those technical choices. The unfitting art style doesn't help.

And you think you can tell other people they need to learn English...
#35thefabregas22Posted 11/1/2013 5:00:33 AM
Project Zomboid (personal recommendation from me)
State Of decay
The Dead Linger
Zafehouse Diaries
---
NNid: AdmiralClassy
Psn: AdmiralClassy
#36iscareu13Posted 11/1/2013 5:58:49 AM
Gnomoria
Towns

Both games work off the same basis but play somewhat differently.

You are put in a world with workers, and it is your job to build up a town/fortress as waves of enemies attack you. You have to get food production (to avoid starvation), an army/weapons/armor (to fend off attacks), and a lot more.

Both games are pretty hard to get into (Learning cliff?), but if you learn them, they offer hours and hours of fun.
#37SinfullyvannilaPosted 11/1/2013 6:39:16 AM
Don't Starve.

Also, I haven't ever played them, but Robinson's Requiem(GOG) and Day One: Gary's incident. I have no Idea of their quality level though.
---
Also, Chess is a game of skill much like all gameplay only video games. So it is pretty mindless if you think about it.-mtjormitch
#38thefabregas22Posted 11/1/2013 6:39:42 AM
dwarf fortress
---
NNid: AdmiralClassy
Psn: AdmiralClassy
#39YukitoRamboPosted 11/1/2013 6:45:34 AM
The new Tomb Raider reboot doesn't have survival elements, but the story and sequences have plenty of that feeling. Can even scare you at times.
---
"Blessed is he who expects nothing, for he shall never be disappointed" - Alexander Pope
#40LiquidDeePosted 11/1/2013 6:47:13 AM
Stalker SoC and CoP.