This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Are there any good survival games on PC?

#41SinfullyvannilaPosted 11/1/2013 5:48:07 AM
Rigby_Raccoon posted...
Carbon_Deoxxys posted...
Dont Starve is a great game and in no way is the art style simply a novelty

Its not like proteus where the only reason people look at it is because of the art style. Dont starve has so much content andstuff going for it. You will be slaughtered alive and cluesless mulitple times and wonder how ou can survive one more day. It becomes alot easier if you use the wikis but it can be fun to experience the unknown never knowing how you will survive one more day.

I know, and I really wanted to like it, but that art style bugs the s*** out of me. It makes no sense at all @_@

It's a Burton-esque art style set in a Burton-esque world.
---
Also, Chess is a game of skill much like all gameplay only video games. So it is pretty mindless if you think about it.-mtjormitch
#42likewisePosted 11/1/2013 6:21:06 AM
Miasmata.

"Miasmata is a first-person survival/adventure game, developed from the ground-up by brothers Joe and Bob Johnson. You play as Robert Hughes, a plague-stricken scientist on a journey to discover a cure. Your adventure begins on the shores of a remote and mysterious island."

It's on sale for $3.74 on Steam until 1pm EST.
---
"In the beginning, the universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry, and has been widely regarded as a bad idea."
#43SinfullyvannilaPosted 11/1/2013 7:51:48 AM
likewise posted...
Miasmata.

"Miasmata is a first-person survival/adventure game, developed from the ground-up by brothers Joe and Bob Johnson. You play as Robert Hughes, a plague-stricken scientist on a journey to discover a cure. Your adventure begins on the shores of a remote and mysterious island."

Thank you for bringing that up. It was on my radar a while back but it slipped off.
---
Also, Chess is a game of skill much like all gameplay only video games. So it is pretty mindless if you think about it.-mtjormitch
#44likewisePosted 11/1/2013 8:23:23 AM
Sinfullyvannila posted...
likewise posted...
Miasmata.

Thank you for bringing that up. It was on my radar a while back but it slipped off.

You're welcome.

I thought that the game matches the TC's desires, which seem to be a sandbox kind of setting with a type of graphics closer to "real world" instead of cartoony or retro. Anyway, you have about 40 minutes left to grab it on the cheap!
---
"In the beginning, the universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry, and has been widely regarded as a bad idea."
#45DakomissarZeroPosted 11/1/2013 8:41:07 AM
I'm surprised nobody mentioned Sir, You Are Being Hunted yet. Underrated, IMO.
---
Pokemon Black FC: 3653 9875 9598 Name : Etna
#46KidInTheHallPosted 11/1/2013 8:52:32 AM
Rigby_Raccoon posted...
Hey there! Thanks for the recommendations! However, I must say I am highly insulted that you'd recommend me, not just one, but TWO Slender games!

Who are you to accuse me of being the kind of person that would not only play, but also ENJOY multiple Slender games.

Lord help us all if enjoying a Slender game becomes the norm. God damn us all if we don't stop that from happening. The f***ing end of humanity as we know it. Billions of years, wasted!

So thanks, but no thanks, friend! :) You can enjoy them though :D

lol awesome, the guy's a lunatic.
---
i5-3570k | ASRock Z77 Extreme6 | EVGA 560Ti 448 Classified x2 SLI | 16GB G.Skill Ares | Corsair 600T White | 212 EVO | HX750
#47leeland2121Posted 11/1/2013 9:14:32 AM
KidIcaroots posted...
Rigby_Raccoon posted...
leeland2121 posted...
^his problem with you is that when he pointed out your reasons from not liking a game you just said lolololol just speak english.

I think he was trying to get you to:
#1- say why you didnt like the art style
#2- "it doesnt make sense" (how is this even a valid reason?)

He was? He did not articulate that well at all.

Okay, let me rephrase. I don't think that Paper Mario 3D environments, 2D characters, and a fixed camera angle. I just don't think Survival games work with those technical choices. The unfitting art style doesn't help.

And you think you can tell other people they need to learn English...

yea the other guy was just giving a bulleted list
#48g7g7g7g7Posted 11/1/2013 10:09:20 AM
You actually want "Unreal World" solid game but the interface is antiquated, if you can get past the UI you will enjoy it.
---
You never see people quoting each other in sigs anymore. - Adam Laz
#49Rigby_Raccoon(Topic Creator)Posted 11/1/2013 11:12:05 AM
AnatomyHorror posted...
2 people recommended How to Survive and you've yet to reply to them. All you do is argue with people. What gives?

uh, I haven't had the time to check out all individual recommendations o_O

KidIcaroots posted...
And you think you can tell other people they need to learn English...

No I just need to stop posting while intoxicated -_-

leeland2121 posted...
yea the other guy was just giving a bulleted list

a bulleted list without complete sentences or context. I don't know what any of those things were supposed to mean without anymore to his post. here, I'll just throw a bulleted list at you and we'll see how you feel about it

- incomprehensible
+ to the point

- context
+ caricature

see how it just comes across as nonsense? what is the that bulleted list even saying? well, that's what his post was like.

Sinfullyvannila posted...
It's a Burton-esque art style set in a Burton-esque world.

Burton as in Tim Burton? ugh, no wonder why I hated it #_#
---
http://i.imgur.com/SrNgux6.png
#50EgdracilPosted 11/1/2013 11:27:46 AM
lol this n****
---
http://www.woodus.com/den/gallery/graphics/dwm2gbc/monster/egdracil.png