This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Are there any good survival games on PC?

#71mrCubePosted 11/2/2013 12:08:51 PM
DayZ
---
---
#72davidjenno1Posted 11/2/2013 12:25:16 PM
I'm really enjoying Infestation (formerly Warz) its not for everyone but is well worth the 12 Steam price.

Dayz is a good free alternative

Nether and Miasma probably fit the bill too.
#73Rigby_Raccoon(Topic Creator)Posted 11/2/2013 4:31:42 PM
I tried Don't Starve again to give it a second chance and eh, it's not as bad as I remember, but eh, it feels like there's abundance of aimless wandering that you're required to do and it that keeps resulting in me dying :(

LordOfLegacies posted...
Actually that is what you said.

'The internet should take me as seriously as I take it' is what I said, as in, not very seriously.

Come on, we're on a video game forum, lighten up. Le internets are le not le serious business lel xD

mrCube posted...
DayZ

Looked into this, apparently it's online and other players can kill you and take all your stuff, that sounds really lame.

davidjenno1 posted...
I'm really enjoying Infestation (formerly Warz) its not for everyone but is well worth the 12 Steam price.

Is that the really controversial one that's like Day Z but you can buy in game items with real world money? Yeah, I'm not trying that one, sorry.
---
http://i.imgur.com/SrNgux6.png
#74Carbon_DeoxxysPosted 11/2/2013 7:05:35 PM
Rigby_Raccoon posted...
I tried Don't Starve again to give it a second chance and eh, it's not as bad as I remember, but eh, it feels like there's abundance of aimless wandering that you're required to do and it that keeps resulting in me dying :(

Dying is the best part.
#75Sage_Of_IcePosted 11/2/2013 7:19:51 PM
DaedalusEx posted...
Just played How to Survive for 30 minutes and I'd hardly call it a survival game. Survival-lite, maybe, or just a zombie themed adventure game. The areas are linear, the combat is bland (and easy thanks to being invulnerable during finishing moves,) the RPG elements feel contrived...and I was annoyed by a bunch of little things, like not being able to rotate the camera and the immersion-breaking tutorial books.

Maybe it gets better later, but the game certainly didn't interest me enough to keep playing.

You didn't play for long enough. Unfortunately, the tutorial is very lengthly. If you want to get right into the action, try to playing challenge mode online. The books are kind of strange, but I grew to like Kovac very much. It takes at least an hour to really figure out what the game is. It's kind of like a hardcore survival version of Diablo.
---
I've been in Troll form for so long...
#76LordOfLegaciesPosted 11/3/2013 3:25:21 AM
Rigby_Raccoon posted...

'The internet should take me as seriously as I take it' is what I said, as in, not very seriously

I know what you said, I quoted it and used an unassailable train of logic to prove that what you think you said is not what you actually said.
Your ignorance of that coupled with your silly remarks afterwards just tells me that you know you made a mistake and are now trying to save face because you don't want to admit it.
And don't get me wrong, I am taking this very likely. I get kicks out of arguing with people on the internet, but unlike you I don't take the internet seriously in the slightest. To me you are a faceless nobody, and the next person to to say something wrong that I call out will be no different.
---
The moderation staff and system on this website are both absolutely terrible.
#77Rigby_Raccoon(Topic Creator)Posted 11/3/2013 4:06:58 AM
i literally do not care and you are just as faceless to me so i don't see why you're bothering explaining anything to me

well, goodbye then, feel free to leave me thread
---
http://i.imgur.com/SrNgux6.png
#78Da HuiPosted 11/3/2013 9:17:17 AM
I'll never understand why people don't want to play a game JUST BECAUSE of the art style.

Personally, as far as survival horror games go, I don't think anything beats S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
---
Don't **** with Da Hui
#79LordOfLegaciesPosted 11/5/2013 3:58:00 PM
Rigby_Raccoon posted...
i literally do not care and you are just as faceless to me so i don't see why you're bothering explaining anything to me

well, goodbye then, feel free to leave me thread

If you didn't care you wouldn't have responded to me at all in this thread. But you did, inviting a discussion on the subject I was bringing up. So that's all on you there.
That's also what most people who won't admit they're wrong say when they cannot find a single hole in another's logic.
---
The moderation staff and system on this website are both absolutely terrible.
#80Broccoli92Posted 11/5/2013 4:05:11 PM(edited)
Terraria
7 Days to Die
---
Intel i5 3470 3.20GHz | Sapphire HD 7850 2GB | 8GB RAM | Asrock Z77 PRO3 |WD 1TB| PSU 650w Enermax