This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Am I wrong...

#1PanopictonguyPosted 10/31/2013 11:38:26 PM
For feeling like laptops are almost completely pointless. A desktop is better at essentially anything that doesn't require portability. And we now have pretty good tablets that are far more portable with better optimized software and support.

Is there a reason to invest in a laptop at this point?
---
Oh, you thought they made this game for you? You clearly bought the wrong game.
#2TreGoodaPosted 10/31/2013 11:40:58 PM
Panopictonguy posted...
For feeling like laptops are almost completely pointless. A desktop is better at essentially anything that doesn't require portability. And we now have pretty good tablets that are far more portable with better optimized software and support.

Is there a reason to invest in a laptop at this point?

Laptops are pointless for gaming. They are very useful for a lot of other things.
---
"Get a life! What? I'm a gamer, I have tons of lives."
#3daemon_danPosted 10/31/2013 11:44:05 PM
I don't really like typing on a tablet, and I like being able to use emulators on the go. So for college, I'm going to say, my laptop suits me juuust fine
---
"Frightened by your own smell. Bitterness will run you through."
~In Flames: Bullet Ride
#4ein311Posted 10/31/2013 11:46:58 PM
Panopictonguy posted...

Replace "game" with "computer form factor" and you've pretty much got the answer to your question.
---
Man your own jackhammer
Man your battlestations
#5Panopictonguy(Topic Creator)Posted 11/1/2013 7:56:58 AM
Some tablets can now get a keyboard attachment. Mobile emulation is one thing but what are you emulating that a tablet can't. My phone can emulate NES up to Psx.

@Ein311 that night have been clever if I actually purchased a laptop and you understood the context of my Sig. Obviously neither true so you just wasted space posting that response.
---
#6Lonestar2000Posted 11/1/2013 8:03:18 AM
The only tablets worth buying are the ones with a keyboard and full Windows.
---
Rumble Roses. Someone enters the room.
Them: O_O Me: What?! I always play games without my pants on!- Inmate 922335
#7ShubPosted 11/1/2013 8:09:08 AM
Tablets can't do half of what laptops can do, except for those "tablets" that are actually just portable x86 computers with a touchscreen and without a keyboard (e.g. MS Surface Pro).
---
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
#8Panopictonguy(Topic Creator)Posted 11/1/2013 8:14:24 AM
Shub posted...
Tablets can't do half of what laptops can do, except for those "tablets" that are actually just portable x86 computers with a touchscreen and without a keyboard (e.g. MS Surface Pro).

But most of what they can't do you'd be better off doing on a desktop anyway. IMO
---
#9Panopictonguy(Topic Creator)Posted 11/1/2013 8:15:58 AM
I really just want someone to prove to me that's it's worth investing in a laptop over a tablet if your not like some kind of mobile DJ or Photographer.
---
#10JudgmenlPosted 11/1/2013 8:17:16 AM
I disagree with you TC, I for one find tablets to be the "useless" ones.

I can see why smart phones are useful (although I don't have a need for one, or am willing to pay for one), but Tablets are just glorified smartphones without the phone functionality.

Notebooks actually act like PCs. They're made for business and travel. If you do not travel, then you have no need for one.

Gaming Notebooks are a whole different situation. I don't see where you would game and travel at the same time, which is why it confuses me why people find a need for them.
---
http://i.imgur.com/sUtdyzN.png - Popularity =/= Quality.
http://i.imgur.com/0Awd55E.png - Opinions =/= Truth.