This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

An example of why I don't like Water Cooling vs HeatPipe + fan

#1KamenRiderBladePosted 11/1/2013 12:58:04 AM
http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=233533

When water cooling fails, it'll take out your other PC components.

I've never ever had issues with a well done Heatpipe & Fan

The worse case scenario is that your fan dies and you replace it.

With a water cooling there is always the risk of the pump failing or leaks

Heat Pipe & Fan is far more reliable, especially if I plan on running the machine in a 24/7/365 configuration which I do all the time.
---
Are you a MexiCAN or a MexiCAN'T - Johnny Depp 'Once Upon A Time in Mexico'
#2KenimaticPosted 11/1/2013 1:03:07 AM
That is scary.
#3hellmasterpPosted 11/1/2013 1:39:20 AM
That's more his fault for not removing it when it started sounding like a coffee pot. It sucks that he lost all his stuff, but any weird noise coming from my computer and I know that liquid is close to my parts and I would be investigating it right away. He should have been more proactive then "Oh, I must be worrying about nothing" attitude.
---
http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=557350 -my old mobo oc
http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=2341052 -current mobo oc
#4DarkZV2BetaPosted 11/1/2013 1:54:12 AM
hellmasterp posted...
That's more his fault for not removing it when it started sounding like a coffee pot. It sucks that he lost all his stuff, but any weird noise coming from my computer and I know that liquid is close to my parts and I would be investigating it right away. He should have been more proactive then "Oh, I must be worrying about nothing" attitude.

Don't forget the "I should never have to take any preventative action should a part fail" and "I should never have to clean any of my parts, ever, especially if corrosive material leaks all over them" attitude.
It sucks what happened, but honestly, the guy that made that topic is a douche, and after reading through some of his posts, I can't really feel any sympathy. He pretty much demands CoolIT pay to replace his entire computer because
I'm not comfortable with (putting electronics in distilled water for cleaning), end of.
It's not like he's dealing with an insurance company that's obligated to pay for this ****. He's dealing with a manufacturer, and even extending the damage caused by the failure of the component. If he can't be arsed to take care of his ****, then he doesn't deserve to have it.
---
Want that Shield!
Ball and Cup on ps mobile has framerate issues. -stargazer64
#5SnadadosPosted 11/1/2013 2:17:10 AM
The creator of that original topic is partially to blame for the whole thing.

Letting the cooler run for over two weeks while it was making such sounds and never once opening the side panel to check that everything was fine is rather dumb.

Just because it is a closed loop system doesn't mean you shouldn't monitor it for the first few days / weeks of use just to make sure there is nothing defective.
---
Have you accepted Raspberyl as your loli and savior?
#6YukitoRamboPosted 11/1/2013 2:45:33 AM
I was always under this impression that customized high-end PC owners generally scrutinize their stuff; routine cleaning, OS improvization, immediate halt when suspicious crap starts to happen, etc...

If you can't deal with the risks that come with water-cooling technology, just DON'T USE IT. That 2GHz overclock can be a big deal, but you need to ask yourself if you're willing to risk hundred or thousands of dollars worth of property for it.

Personally, I don't think I'll ever use water-cooling systems. I'm aware how reckless I can be and I don't want to keep using my PC in an always paranoid state.
---
"Blessed is he who expects nothing, for he shall never be disappointed" - Alexander Pope
#7josh_bPosted 11/1/2013 3:01:37 AM
YukitoRambo posted...
I was always under this impression that customized high-end PC owners generally scrutinize their stuff; routine cleaning, OS improvization, immediate halt when suspicious crap starts to happen, etc...

If you can't deal with the risks that come with water-cooling technology, just DON'T USE IT. That 2GHz overclock can be a big deal, but you need to ask yourself if you're willing to risk hundred or thousands of dollars worth of property for it.

Personally, I don't think I'll ever use water-cooling systems. I'm aware how reckless I can be and I don't want to keep using my PC in an always paranoid state.

Same here I know my system could greatly benefit from water cooling and have all the parts under my desk for the system to be installed but 1 I know little to nothing about water cooling and 2 I don't want to have something like that happen to me.

Im already paranoid enough that I have washable filters and extra fans installed so no dust can get into my system and it still stay cool.

Maybe one day soon ill work up to it once my system really starts to bog down and I need to overclock to achieve what ever performance gains I can get from it.
---
i5 2500k 4.5GHZ OC, 32GB DDR3, Galaxy GTX670 4GB SLI, MSI P67A-GD55 Mobo, 128GB SSD, Barracuda Green 1.5TB HDD
Xbox live: tanis8585
#8TimePharaohPosted 11/1/2013 3:32:14 AM
YukitoRambo posted...

You have a gamefaqs topic, don't tell me you're surprised that people are stupid.
---
HE are genius, firstly. - ASlaveObeys
GestapoFAQs http://i.imgur.com/prqCDHz.png http://i.imgur.com/ooNGE4u.png
#9SmakkyofacePosted 11/1/2013 6:39:25 AM
I read the entire post. I agree 100%. PC noobs should never use any kind of liquid cooling.
---
Xbox Live / PSN / Steam: Smakkyoface
i7 3770k @ 4.66ghz | 48GB DDR3 1866 (40GB RamDisk) | SLI Evga Gtx 670 FTW | Samsung 256GB PRO | 1TB Maxtor 7200rpm RAID 0
#10urtvPosted 11/1/2013 7:29:35 AM
and here i though americans were stupid