This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

An example of why I don't like Water Cooling vs HeatPipe + fan

#11AltmadragonPosted 11/1/2013 7:34:29 AM
So Long story short it was his own fault.

urtv posted...
and here i though americans were stupid

This post isn't doing your country any favors.
---
Ha! Made you read |TJ07| i5-3570k| Asus p8z77-v| GB GTX 770 4gb sli|16gb Corsair veng| 1TB WD HDx2| 128gb Samsung ssd| XSPC Raystorm RS360 kit|
#12Kokuei05Posted 11/1/2013 7:36:14 AM
You base it on a shoddy company's products. You should avoid PC gaming because PSU's can explode if they're cheap and inferior to better branded products
---
Girls are scary.
#13urtvPosted 11/1/2013 9:26:10 AM
Kokuei05 posted...
You base it on a shoddy company's products. You should avoid PC gaming because PSU's can explode if they're cheap and inferior to better branded products

seems they are the ones making the corsair units
#14godplaysSNESPosted 11/1/2013 9:40:43 AM
hellmasterp posted...
That's more his fault for not removing it when it started sounding like a coffee pot. It sucks that he lost all his stuff, but any weird noise coming from my computer and I know that liquid is close to my parts and I would be investigating it right away. He should have been more proactive then "Oh, I must be worrying about nothing" attitude.

Search around for it and you'll see it's quite common with people asking about the noise made by those kind of coolers. If one hasn't used an AIO water cooler before, it's not easy to know if the noise is bad or not.

While he definitely should have removed the side panel, there isn't much one can do except seeing if it's leaking. And it sounds like the bad noise was there for a couple of days before it leaked and destroyed his components.
---
Super Mario Kart is the single best Mario Kart ever!
#15Kokuei05Posted 11/1/2013 1:41:19 PM
Kokuei05 posted...

http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/jezebel/2010/10/hidinghomer.gif
---
Girls are scary.
#16DarkZV2BetaPosted 11/1/2013 5:23:04 PM
godplaysSNES posted...
hellmasterp posted...
That's more his fault for not removing it when it started sounding like a coffee pot. It sucks that he lost all his stuff, but any weird noise coming from my computer and I know that liquid is close to my parts and I would be investigating it right away. He should have been more proactive then "Oh, I must be worrying about nothing" attitude.

Search around for it and you'll see it's quite common with people asking about the noise made by those kind of coolers. If one hasn't used an AIO water cooler before, it's not easy to know if the noise is bad or not.

While he definitely should have removed the side panel, there isn't much one can do except seeing if it's leaking. And it sounds like the bad noise was there for a couple of days before it leaked and destroyed his components.

Reading further in the topic, he said that the leak was causing a short during benchmarking pretty much from day one. In spite of that, he didn't think to open the case to see if anything was wrong.

Seems that CoolIT is a pretty bad brand to go with, but that's no excuse for the terrible attitude of this user.
---
Want that Shield!
Ball and Cup on ps mobile has framerate issues. -stargazer64
#17JKatarnPosted 11/1/2013 6:11:22 PM
urtv posted...
and here i though americans were stupid

You were saying?
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
#18JKatarnPosted 11/1/2013 6:12:38 PM
Kokuei05 posted...
Kokuei05 posted...

LOL....for some reason I always loved that scene and the dramatic music that accompanies it....even though I'm not quite sure what movie it's referencing.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
#19godplaysSNESPosted 11/1/2013 6:19:20 PM
JKatarn posted...
Kokuei05 posted...
Kokuei05 posted...

LOL....for some reason I always loved that scene and the dramatic music that accompanies it....even though I'm not quite sure what movie it's referencing.

Could be referencing to the T-1000 in Terminator 2
---
Super Mario Kart is the single best Mario Kart ever!
#20JKatarnPosted 11/1/2013 6:25:00 PM
godplaysSNES posted...
JKatarn posted...
Kokuei05 posted...
Kokuei05 posted...

Could be referencing to the T-1000 in Terminator 2

Yeah, lol, how did I miss that....that would also explain homer latching on to the bumper of Ned's Geo with the golf clubs a-la the Terminator in T2 during the escape from the mental institution.
---