This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How do I change RGB 0-255 to 16-235 on my monitor?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. How do I change RGB 0-255 to 16-235 on my monitor?
3 years ago#1
I just don't understand it I guess. On my monitor RGB is set to 255/255/255. How would I set them to 16-235? Which colors are 16 and which are 235?
3 years ago#2
It should already be set to 0-255 on a pc monitor. Why would you want to change it to 16-235? Blacks will become gray...
Corsair 500r ~ P8Z68-V Pro ~ i5 2500k ~ Hyper 212+ ~ Corsair 2x4gb ~ TX750w v2 ~ 560 Ti ~ F3 1TB ~ Crucial M4 128GB ~ Xonar DG ~ Tt Meka G1 ~ Asus PA248Q
3 years ago#3
Gettin a Wii U soon and it doesn't support full range rgb. Is it possible you could just tell me what I can manually set the monitor settings to?

Currently monitor is set at:
R- 255
G- 255
B- 255

Which should be 16, and which should be 235 to make this happen?
3 years ago#4
That's just for balancing the colors in your monitor. Just don't worry about it, the no full RGB is the Wii's problem.
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.
3 years ago#5
Bah now I'm thinking about not getting one. I don't want it to look all washed out.
3 years ago#6
AnatomyHorror posted...
Bah now I'm thinking about not getting one. I don't want it to look all washed out.

So instead you want to make everything on the monitor look washed out?
3 years ago#7
Instead, I'd like to change it for when only playing the wii u.
3 years ago#8

The best solution? Get a TV.
Could be worse, they could have been American givers and you would have been smothered in small pox. -fakenamefignuts on Indian-Giving.
Steam ID: electroflame
3 years ago#9
AnatomyHorror posted...

Well I mean it should be doing that anyways.

If you can change color depth its by the GPU. For Nvidia its in the control panel. Video > Adjust Color Settings > With Nvidia settings under the advanced tab.

But you'll be using your WiiU's GPU so I don't know why you'd do that.
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.
3 years ago#10
electroflame posted...

The best solution? Get a TV.

Dam wtf is that?

Anyways, my monitor is hooked up to a home theatre. All my electronics revolve around my monitor and AV receiver.

@Ch3wy
Yeah I guess it's hopeless for the Wii U. I've even read where someone emailed them about having a full range rgb option and their response was laughable.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. How do I change RGB 0-255 to 16-235 on my monitor?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived