This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Im done buying from newegg.

#71phantasyPosted 11/1/2013 8:58:09 PM
I work in the shipping/receiving department and maybe I can shed some light since I ship out tons of orders each day.

For a tracking number to be email to you, someone would have to process the box with your info on it. I don't know about newegg but for us, there is a folder with all the info on the order that is with the box to be ship out. I would have to phyiscaly put the box on the scale, put in the info into a shipping program, slap the shipping sticker and wait for UPS/Fedex to pick up.

UPS;
Now for the tracking number info, once the box gets picked up and in transit to the base hub, it is still consider "shipping label has been process and ups has been notified blah blah". If the box gets lost in this period, the shipper takes all the blame. Because UPS can't proof that they lost it cause they have no info except the box been process by the shipper. BUT my local UPS hub has a football field size warehouse for lost packages without shipping labels, etc.

Now once the box gets to the hub, that is when the box gets scanned in you can then hound UPS for any problems if the shipping info was correct.

For next day airs and internationals only, the pick up driver have to scan those packages at the spot rather at the hub. Those are high priority.

Fedex;
The pickup driver have to scan every package they pick up. Once they do you will see that its been picked up and on its way to the hub. If you don't see the box that has been picked up, its safe to say the shipper has screwed up.

I do recommend people don't use next day shipping unless its an emergency/strict time frame/you screw up. The cost is just not worth it, I shipped out packages where the shipping cost is way more than the actual cost of the product.
---
[This message was FORCEFULLY deleted by a moderator or administrator]
#72ihumpmypillow89Posted 11/1/2013 9:06:59 PM
kocrachon posted...
So now I will have half my parts today and the rest not till monday, because they don't do saturday delivery...

Fedex delivers on Saturdays.
---
http://goo.gl/pIFDj | http://goo.gl/16aDr
This is what happens when a 5 year old writes a comic - http://goo.gl/zRaAS
#73ATARIJAWAPosted 11/1/2013 9:17:26 PM
kocrachon posted...
hellmasterp posted...
"Newegg on the other hand, still hasn't even shipped my stuff yet. They "told" me it shipped yesterday. I have a fedex tracking number and everything. Fedex says it should have shipped yesterday and been delivered today. However, following the tracking number, it still hasn't even been picked up."

Explain to me how this is Newegg's fault for Fedex not picking it up???

I have a hard time believing that fedex did not make a stop, at all, to newegg. If anything this tells me that Newegg didn't actually have the parts ready by the time FedEx showed up. They generated a Tracking Number and considered that "shipping"

Do you know how many times packages from FedEX have shown up at my business while the tracking shows they haven't even left the originating point? thousands. it happens all the time,
---
Gamefaqs game rating system : 10 = Best Game Ever. 8-9. Crushing dissapointment. Below 8 :Total Garbage. This is getting ridiculous. people agreeing so far 105
#74Nightmare2398Posted 11/1/2013 10:00:03 PM
shoprunner 2 day or bust. though generally newegg does take a bit longer than amazon, but i can't complain about free shipping.
---
Xbox Live Gamertag: VegetarianEater
"This is very heavy, and this, may I remind you, is on fire." -Moony (Moony and Broon Show)
#75kocrachon(Topic Creator)Posted 11/1/2013 10:06:56 PM
ihumpmypillow89 posted...
kocrachon posted...
So now I will have half my parts today and the rest not till monday, because they don't do saturday delivery...

Only if newegg pays for saturday delivery, and the customer service agent told me they wont. And the fedex customer service also said I have to wait till monday.

And to those who say "**** happens" well that is utter crap. If your business partner screws your customer, you don't tell the customer too bad, it is up to you to retain a customer.

When I had an issue with Amazon, they gave me my entire shipping cost back AND over nighted me a new product.

All I am asking for is getting the next day air I payed for or my money back. Amazon manages to do it, so can new egg, but they would rather claim ignorance and keep my money.

They could learn something from Amazon and see why Amazon is 100 times the company they are 20 times the company profit wise.

http://blogs.salesforce.com/company/2013/06/jeff-bezos-lessons.html
#76phantasyPosted 11/1/2013 10:29:29 PM
ihumpmypillow89 posted...
kocrachon posted...

Fedex Home delivery is basically ground service and depending if you not out in nowhere land, they will deliver on saturdays. If I recall correctly, they work from Tuesdays to Saturdays. No extra costs with this.

But normally for Saturdays, expect to pay a crap ton on money.
---
[This message was FORCEFULLY deleted by a moderator or administrator]
#77Knight2520Posted 11/1/2013 10:55:28 PM
Devil_wings00 posted...
Sounds like a shipping error happened...oh my gosh the injustice. I remember a time when I ordered a book from amazon and not only did it take like 2 fricken weeks to get here but when I opened the package...it was an empty envelope with no book. I phoned amazon, they apologized, overnighted me another copy and even gave me credit for my next purchase. Annoying? Very. Worth getting angry at? Not really.

If you don't come out of the gate screaming at customer service like a spoiled child you generally will get better service. These are companies that service and ship to millions of people, mistakes will happen. It sucks but it's not worth getting into a hissy fit over it. So what you might have gotten your parts a day or two later, oh the humanity. I'm sure if you waited until it arrived and phoned Newegg politely they would have been happy to do something for you future purchases or refunded you the shipping.

Except your experience is with Amazon, which bends over backwards when something goes wrong. Newegg does not. Newegg's stance is "tough ****".
---
can u even count 30 in 1 second? no, u can't. so u can't tell difference between 30fps and 60fps. stupid. -Shinobier-
#78WerdnAndreWPosted 11/2/2013 1:20:52 AM
I had stuff delivered on a Saturday from Fedex and it was ground shipping.
---
Corsair 500r ~ P8Z68-V Pro ~ i5 2500k ~ Hyper 212+ ~ Corsair 2x4gb ~ TX750w v2 ~ 560 Ti ~ F3 1TB ~ Crucial M4 128GB ~ Xonar DG ~ Tt Meka G1 ~ Asus PA248Q
#79DARQ MXPosted 11/2/2013 10:38:57 AM
kocrachon posted...
Ordered a new PC. 16 gigs of Ram, Haswell 4670, Gigabyte board, ASUS 280x, New Case, PSU and Monitor.

Had to order my parts in half.

Ordered my CPU, Ram, Mobo, and a SSD from Newegg.
Orders my Case, PSU, Monitor, and GPU from Amazon.

I placed my order at 7:30 am PST because I got a bonus from work I used to pay for it. I payed for next day Air. I got all of my parts from Amazon, all of which came from different warehouses in the US, on time. I actually got my PSU yesterday because of Amazon Local Express.

Newegg on the other hand, still hasn't even shipped my stuff yet. They "told" me it shipped yesterday. I have a fedex tracking number and everything. Fedex says it should have shipped yesterday and been delivered today. However, following the tracking number, it still hasn't even been picked up.

Which Amazon does, I had to order a display port cable because my monitor didn't come with one, and neither did my GPU. And it will be delivered Saturday.

The only reason I ordered from newegg is because with Amazon I had to pay more for next day air and a few parts were cheaper. But now if I would have just spend the extra 40 dollars, I would have not wasted my time paying for Newegg to say its next day air when it really isn't.

I especially feel ripped off paying 3 dollars for rush processing.

Just try sucking less at life and you will be alright my friend loljk. Tracking numbers take 24hours most of the time.
---
Intel i5 2500k|8GB G.Skill RJaws|VelociRaptor, WD Fals|AsRock z68 Extreme4 G3|Sapphire 2GB 6970 OC'd |Corsair 520W PSU|Corsair 500R, K90, M95|ASUS Designo IPS