This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is the PS4 a threat to PC gaming since it's basically a high-end PC for $400?

#161brainlackPosted 11/2/2013 2:48:57 PM
JKatarn posted...
Shebeskii posted...
NfuzedXGamer posted...
High end PC

8GB Of ram or more
CPU- Ivy Bridge or quad core CPU AMP FX 8150 or higher
GPU- Radeon 7950 2-3GB Of Vram or more GTX 670 or higher

PS4- 8 core jaguar weak amd apu
gpu- radeon 7790 mini version 1GB Vram

:)

Try 8GB of VRAM, but as we know, tons of VRAM doesn't mean much if you don't have the power to use it. I think the PS4 has enough power to effectively use maybe 3GB-4GB at max at 1080p with tons of optimization. We're not going to see console games on PC requiring insane VRAM.

This boy got 8 cores and 8 gigs son, you have any idea what them studios can do with all those ramz?!?

780 ti with 12 gb vram will be a waste because ps4 with a half bake 7730 will be highend
---
playing re6 with 8x sparse grid ss with 32xs(2x2 ss + 8 ms)+ mixed sample x128 + 32 forced anisotropic then I hear ps4 is powerful than my pc
#162Knighted DragonPosted 11/2/2013 2:51:19 PM
Y'all done got trolled.

Not really, everyone knows TC was trolling but people are debunking his arguments so any console gamers who read the topic won't repeat the same crap
---
Matthew 7:21
http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/2492/gyenyame.jpg
#163Last Grand MageX2Posted 11/2/2013 4:52:50 PM
Knighted Dragon posted...
Y'all done got trolled.

Not really, everyone knows TC was trolling but people are debunking his arguments so any console gamers who read the topic won't repeat the same crap

The only effective method of dealing with trolls is to not engage and let their topics die.
---
I try, but not very hard, product of my generation-snoochtonooch
#164SnipeStarPosted 11/2/2013 6:15:56 PM
i usually go as sam fisher. i didnt dress up this year.
---
i7 3820 / Corsair H80i | Asus Sabertooth X79 | 2x GTX 680 4GB | 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP | 2x 600GB Raptor / 2x 1TB WD RE3 | Corsair HX1000w | Silverstone RV01
#165PanopictonguyPosted 11/2/2013 6:25:01 PM
WiNGSPANTT posted...
Snuckie7 posted...
Try reading the article next time mkay?

The major change between AMD’s Temash/Kabini Jaguar implementations as what’s done in the consoles is really all of the unified memory addressing work and any coherency that’s supported on the platforms. Memory buses are obviously very different as well, but the CPU cores themselves are pretty much identical to what we’ve outlined here.

Does that guy work for Sony? No he doesn't. Mark Cerny and other important Sony engineers who know what they're talking about have repeatedly said that the PS4's Jaguar has been modified to meet Sony's requirements for a high-peformance low-power unit. It's not just a tablet CPU. And I'm not even counting the fact that it comes with 8gb of GDDR5 memory (lightyears ahead of DDR3) that isn't even commercially available for PC's right now.

You do realize tablets are high-performance low-power devices right?
---
Oh, you thought they made this game for you? You clearly bought the wrong game.