This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why are so many PC games unable to recognize analog triggers?!!

#1BlueFlameBatPosted 11/1/2013 10:14:38 PM
This issue really pisses me off because it makes some games that required ten different inputs unplayable on a 360 controller. You'd think since Microsoft designed the damn thing there'd be a ****ing switch in the software to alternately recognize the triggers as buttons but there isn't!! A lot of newer controllers have analog triggers, making them more trouble with certain games than they're worth!!!
---
"BlueFlameBat has not entered any biographical information. It's probably none of your damn business anyway." -G4TV profile
There is still no escape.
#2Incendia_IntusPosted 11/1/2013 10:16:51 PM
Because it's a "PC" game.
---
GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 | i5-2500K @ 4.5GHz| Phantek PH-TC14PE| EVGA GTX 580 | G.SKILL Sniper 8GB | OCZ Vertex 2 40GB | WD Caviar Black 1TB | HAF 912 | HX750 750W
#3BlueFlameBat(Topic Creator)Posted 11/1/2013 10:29:06 PM
I'm talking about games that were also made for Xbox, GameCube, Xbox 360, and PS3! There is no excuse for Prince of Persia: Warrior Within not to recognize triggers! Hell, even homemade arcade emulators recognize analog triggers!! It's like the damn games think every controller is an old Logitech one! Some of them won't even recognize an Xbox 360 controller if a Logitech one is plugged in!! Even Logitech doesn't make PC gamepads without analog triggers anymore!!
---
"BlueFlameBat has not entered any biographical information. It's probably none of your damn business anyway." -G4TV profile
#4AsellusPosted 11/1/2013 10:31:08 PM
Because it's a "PC" game.

Er, more because it's probably an older Dinput game - support for analog triggers is only available under Xinput. And for some reason Microsoft didn't add any fallback for them to register as buttons for applications that don't recognize analog triggers so there you go.

You can often use xpadder or the like to have them register as something else unless the application you're playing is fussy about taking a mix of controller and keyboard inputs.
#5PraetorXynPosted 11/1/2013 11:45:06 PM
Because the game only supports DInput.

Or maybe it's the gaming gods punishing you for trying to use peasant input methods.
---
Console war in a nutshell:
http://imgur.com/xA6GJZ9
#6BlueFlameBat(Topic Creator)Posted 11/2/2013 12:31:16 AM
I'm not in the mood for trolling, PraetorXyn, so knock it off!!
---
#7DarkZV2BetaPosted 11/2/2013 12:44:34 AM
It's not that it can't recognize analogue triggers. It's that Xinput has a really screwy way of sorting analogue triggers.
Really, though, triggers should have a digital response at some point to solve that compatibility problem. Pretty sure GameCube and Wii Classic Controllers had that feature.
---
Want that Shield!
Ball and Cup on ps mobile has framerate issues. -stargazer64
#8iPr0kkaFTWPosted 11/2/2013 12:56:03 AM
I just hate that most PC games only support the Xbox gamepad. I have a Logitech Rumblepad 2 and a lot of games tend not to recognize it at all. At times it will mistake the gamepad as the Xbox and the button mapping would be extremely iffy. Thank goodness for this emulator I'm using.
#9DarkZV2BetaPosted 11/2/2013 2:10:25 AM
iPr0kkaFTW posted...
I just hate that most PC games only support the Xbox gamepad. I have a Logitech Rumblepad 2 and a lot of games tend not to recognize it at all. At times it will mistake the gamepad as the Xbox and the button mapping would be extremely iffy. Thank goodness for this emulator I'm using.

Use 360CE?
---
Want that Shield!
Ball and Cup on ps mobile has framerate issues. -stargazer64
#10jayj420Posted 11/2/2013 2:27:40 AM
There's a ton of games with console controls on a Xbox 360 controller.