This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is Amazon or eBay the best way to sell used PCH?

#1EpicKingdom_Posted 11/1/2013 11:32:53 PM(edited)
Us PC gamers upgrade quite often and I don't know about you guys but I'm starting to have a crap load of older (used) PCH laying around. I feel like a hoarder. I have an old Phenom II X2 565 BE, Ballastix 8GB stick, MSI mobo, Antec 300 case, Logitech Extreme joystick, 4100 etc etc.. granted most of it is crap... should I just burn it? They are all taken care for and are back in original boxes. Does used PCH sell often? I did put that ram stick up on Amazon one time and it didn't get a single glance over a month on Amazon.

What do you guys do with your replaced components? I have enough leftovers to build a scrap ass computer.
---
The PC gaming Master Race will never die out. We will continue to train, raise, and breed Master Race.
http://www.youtube.com/user/PCGamingMasterRace87/videos
#2SpacewhizguyPosted 11/1/2013 11:29:42 PM
Craigslist if you want to maximize profits since you don't have to pay a fee. eBay if you want to sell them quickly - start with a low sell price, and it's guaranteed to sell.
---
What's a sig?
#3chaosdragon919Posted 11/2/2013 12:33:48 AM
If I actually do end up with enough parts for a spare comp and they work fine, I just throw them together and use them as a gift.
---
Needs more books.
#4claytonbuckleyPosted 11/2/2013 4:15:09 AM
Usually put parts together and make spare PCs, to either sell or give to family/friends.

I have enough now to put one together, but i'm going to keep it all and wait for SteamOS, try it out on there.
---
Pointing out your stupidity is not trolling
#5overkillwfo1978Posted 11/2/2013 4:57:31 AM
Try Craigslist first. Free listing and no one takes part of your profit. Problem is, your audience is limited to your local area only for the most part.

You probably won't have much luck on ebay or Amazon with really old PCH stuff because of the above reasons. After packaging, shipping, listing fees, sale fees ect... you will probably end up in the negative... and that is if it even sells.

My advice, try CL for a week or two, if no luck there, use one of the above suggestions on a gift pc or something.
---
"If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten" -George Carlin