This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Are there any good Sci-Fi ARPGs?

#21wizardmonPosted 11/2/2013 12:46:08 PM(edited)
I didn't read TC's opening post and just scrolled till I seen you calling those out and assumed you didn't think of them as action role playing games.

My apologies.
---
I think I'm the only person on gamefaqs with a daughterboard - ToastyOne
New with a moderation history more plentiful than karma. - Fossil (Moderator)
#22InterfusorPosted 11/2/2013 1:18:06 PM
Harbinger, from 2003. Doubt anyone here remembers or even knows of it. It's a space-Diablo.

http://www.giantbomb.com/harbinger/3030-19761/images/
---
I am not economically viable.
#23Knighted DragonPosted 11/2/2013 1:51:54 PM
Like I said, wouldn't Alien Swarm fit the bill sort of?
---
Matthew 7:21
http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/2492/gyenyame.jpg
#24the_dracolichPosted 11/2/2013 1:58:42 PM
Interfusor posted...
Harbinger, from 2003. Doubt anyone here remembers or even knows of it. It's a space-Diablo.

http://www.giantbomb.com/harbinger/3030-19761/images/

I've played that. It's decent for 1 playthrough, but it's not memorable at all and it doesn't have much replayability even though the 3 classes play a bit differently. I finished the game once and then had a look at the other 2 classes just to see the differences. The game didn't grab me enough to warrant a 2nd playthrough.
---
Immune to criticals, criticism, negative board level, etc.
#25majinbuu58Posted 11/2/2013 2:04:13 PM
YoungAdultLink posted...
Lonestar2000 posted...
Mass Effect series
Deus Ex & Human Revolution
E.Y.E.: Divine Cybermancy
Mars: War Logs
Fallout 3 & New Vegas
Borderlands 1 & 2
KOTOR 1 & 2
System Shock 1 & 2

None of those are in the genre he's looking for.

edit: Thinking on it, again, Dawn of War 2 is kinda what you're looking for. You control up to 4 characters in a mission, it has a story, it's mission based, each person has their own abilities, there's gear to collect and you level up. Not quite as fast as something like Diablo, since it was built primarily as a multiplayer RTS, but the single player is all RPG, pretty much.

And, in the same kinda setting, though not official 40k stuff, there's Confrontation, which... 'borrows' from it rather heavily.

This. DoW2 fits pretty well.

There's also Too Human but i'm pretty sure it's consoles only.
#26Doomsday FortePosted 11/2/2013 2:10:12 PM
Doesn't Zigfrak kinda fit the bill? It's not a top-down clickfest, but it's loot-based. There's a demo on the website and it's currently in a Groupees bundle for pretty cheap, and it was recently Greenlit for Steam.
---
Crimson night & Celsion moon, misfiction, not save the Player is Prayer, yes, Dance Romanesque and unfinished Romancia.
#27Bigj089Posted 11/2/2013 2:11:57 PM
majinbuu58 posted...
YoungAdultLink posted...
Lonestar2000 posted...
Mass Effect series
Fallout 3 & New Vegas
Borderlands 1 & 2
KOTOR 1 & 2
System Shock 1 & 2

edit: Thinking on it, again, Dawn of War 2 is kinda what you're looking for. You control up to 4 characters in a mission, it has a story, it's mission based, each person has their own abilities, there's gear to collect and you level up. Not quite as fast as something like Diablo, since it was built primarily as a multiplayer RTS, but the single player is all RPG, pretty much.

And, in the same kinda setting, though not official 40k stuff, there's Confrontation, which... 'borrows' from it rather heavily.

Thanks for reminding me that game exists. I'm going to go take a few shots now. =/
---
I hate pineapple pizza but I don't boycott pizza shops that offer that abomination.--The Liberator
#28SilentHawk29Posted 11/2/2013 2:30:23 PM
Marvel ultimate alliance has some space themed levels.
---
PSN - Srikar || Steam - SilentHawk29
My car: http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/8583/86coupe.jpg
#29majinbuu58Posted 11/2/2013 3:45:27 PM
Bigj089 posted...
majinbuu58 posted...
YoungAdultLink posted...
Lonestar2000 posted...
Mass Effect series
Fallout 3 & New Vegas
Borderlands 1 & 2
KOTOR 1 & 2
System Shock 1 & 2

Thanks for reminding me that game exists. I'm going to go take a few shots now. =/

I loved it. Only regret the rest of the trilogy isn't happening.

And I guess Marvel Ultimate Alliance can count as sci-fi.
#30Bigj089Posted 11/2/2013 4:14:56 PM
majinbuu58 posted...
Bigj089 posted...
majinbuu58 posted...
YoungAdultLink posted...
Lonestar2000 posted...
Mass Effect series
Fallout 3 & New Vegas
Borderlands 1 & 2
KOTOR 1 & 2
System Shock 1 & 2

I loved it. Only regret the rest of the trilogy isn't happening.

And I guess Marvel Ultimate Alliance can count as sci-fi.

Yeah I know a few others that really liked it as well but to this day it's my most hated game, which sucks because I really liked the setup behind it. Just the gameplay execution ruined it for me.
---
I hate pineapple pizza but I don't boycott pizza shops that offer that abomination.--The Liberator