This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Windows explorer has stopped working

#1razidPosted 11/2/2013 11:20:24 AM
So whenever I start my computer it says Windows Explorer has stopped working. If I click Ok I just get a black screen. However, if I press CTRL ALT DELETE and hit log off, then log back on, then it starts up normally. Anyone know what's going on? This just started yesterday and I don't think I did anything out of the ordinary to cause this. I already ran MalwareBytes but that didn't do anything...

Specs:
Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
AMD Athlon II x3 440 Processor 3Ghz
4 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GTX+ 512MB

Any help is appreciated. Thanks
---
Take care of yourself
#2gsf4lyfePosted 11/2/2013 12:24:30 PM
Try updating your video drivers. If that doesn't work try running a scan for corrupted files.
---
Currently playing: Borderlands 2
SteamID: gsf4lyfe
#3razid(Topic Creator)Posted 11/2/2013 8:21:39 PM
Hmm weird, I updated my virus scan and then the computer restarted. Then a box popped up and said Windows has fixed a file and needs to be restarted again. So I restart it and now everything seems fine. I don't know if updating the virus scan had anything to do with it or not.
---
Take care of yourself
#4mrCubePosted 11/2/2013 8:24:37 PM
Just in case, open up the command prompt as Administrator and run type in "sfc /scannow"
---
---
#5razid(Topic Creator)Posted 11/2/2013 10:31:09 PM
ok so I ran it, and it said corrupt files were found but was unable to fix some of them. I checked the cbs log but its huge and I'm not really sure what to look for. Right now I'm just thinking of doing a restore point to whatever the most recent restore point is. Do you think that's a good idea?

Though the computer does seem to be find now...
---
Take care of yourself