This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Windows explorer has stopped working

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Windows explorer has stopped working
3 years ago#1
So whenever I start my computer it says Windows Explorer has stopped working. If I click Ok I just get a black screen. However, if I press CTRL ALT DELETE and hit log off, then log back on, then it starts up normally. Anyone know what's going on? This just started yesterday and I don't think I did anything out of the ordinary to cause this. I already ran MalwareBytes but that didn't do anything...

Specs:
Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
AMD Athlon II x3 440 Processor 3Ghz
4 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GTX+ 512MB

Any help is appreciated. Thanks
Take care of yourself
3 years ago#2
Try updating your video drivers. If that doesn't work try running a scan for corrupted files.
Currently playing: Borderlands 2
SteamID: gsf4lyfe
3 years ago#3
Hmm weird, I updated my virus scan and then the computer restarted. Then a box popped up and said Windows has fixed a file and needs to be restarted again. So I restart it and now everything seems fine. I don't know if updating the virus scan had anything to do with it or not.
Take care of yourself
3 years ago#4
Just in case, open up the command prompt as Administrator and run type in "sfc /scannow"
---
3 years ago#5
ok so I ran it, and it said corrupt files were found but was unable to fix some of them. I checked the cbs log but its huge and I'm not really sure what to look for. Right now I'm just thinking of doing a restore point to whatever the most recent restore point is. Do you think that's a good idea?

Though the computer does seem to be find now...
Take care of yourself
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Windows explorer has stopped working

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived