This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

GTX 770 or R9 280X?

#41unforgivenghostPosted 11/2/2013 3:00:56 PM
TiamatKiller posted...
I have a 560Ti right now.

I am in the same boat. I recently upgraded everything else except my 560ti. Shes starting to show her age a little bit but I'm not sure whether to pick up a GTX 770 or wait for the 800. Any idea when they are due for an announcement at least?
#42Nightmare2398Posted 11/3/2013 10:41:45 PM
Shebeskii posted...
Nightmare2398 posted...
personally i think i'm going to get crossfire 280x's (probably the sapphire toxic) because the 4gb 770s are still too expensive (and 256bit) and the toxic looks awesome

Sapphire TOXIC is a noisy piece of junk. I'd look into Gigabyte right now.

it runs cooler than any other 280x(or most of them anyway), which means you can just lower the fans and have it quiet...

won't matter for me anyway, as i'm putting em in a quiet case, so i can just crank up the fans if i need to.
---
Xbox Live Gamertag: VegetarianEater
"This is very heavy, and this, may I remind you, is on fire." -Moony (Moony and Broon Show)
#43DarkZV2BetaPosted 11/3/2013 10:48:38 PM
Nightmare2398 posted...
Shebeskii posted...
Nightmare2398 posted...
personally i think i'm going to get crossfire 280x's (probably the sapphire toxic) because the 4gb 770s are still too expensive (and 256bit) and the toxic looks awesome

Sapphire TOXIC is a noisy piece of junk. I'd look into Gigabyte right now.

it runs cooler than any other 280x(or most of them anyway), which means you can just lower the fans and have it quiet...

won't matter for me anyway, as i'm putting em in a quiet case, so i can just crank up the fans if i need to.

Or you can increase the fanspeed on the other ones, and they'll run cooler...
It's all about temp vs dba.
---
Even people have toenails. Of course PCs have toenails. -claytonbuckley