This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Best F2P games?

#11jake-sfPosted 11/2/2013 10:06:24 PM
JonWood007 posted...

You must have some very low standards.

[...] Tribes Ascend, and Planetside 2.

Uh, so do you. These are dreadful.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/SFJake250?feature=watch
http://sfjake.zxq.net/
#12badboyPosted 11/3/2013 12:36:50 AM
Tera
Dragon Nest
#13KenimaticPosted 11/3/2013 12:58:06 AM
Vindictus

It's a hate/love relationship with this game. I love the game, but dislike what little attention it got from Nexon in the past, along with their highly questionable decisions. They seem to be getting their act together lately though.

It's one of the few, true real-time action games out there. By that I mean there's real-time dodging, when the boss attacks you need to dodge. You have normal attacks and smash attacks that sort of act like a basic combo/chain system (not 100% like Devil May Cry, but sort of a simpler version).

Biggest downfall of it is instance based, which is either you love or hate it. For me it can be repetitive if the developer doesn't make many dungeons to ease off on the repetitiveness. Lately dungeons have become more interesting than in the past and more complex. Still wish it was open world though.

It's worth a try for a F2P game.
#14Erik212Posted 11/3/2013 12:58:09 AM
Man, I remember playing GunBound: Thor's Hammer a ton when it was around. Recently someone set up a private server, but the player population consisted of 80% Brazillians.
---
Another idea I had was the spy/sniper being able to climb into the soldier's rocket launcher and be launched across the map, dealing more damage, but no splash.
#15SKStylez(Topic Creator)Posted 11/3/2013 3:29:25 AM
Kenimatic posted...
Vindictus

It's a hate/love relationship with this game. I love the game, but dislike what little attention it got from Nexon in the past, along with their highly questionable decisions. They seem to be getting their act together lately though.

It's one of the few, true real-time action games out there. By that I mean there's real-time dodging, when the boss attacks you need to dodge. You have normal attacks and smash attacks that sort of act like a basic combo/chain system (not 100% like Devil May Cry, but sort of a simpler version).

Biggest downfall of it is instance based, which is either you love or hate it. For me it can be repetitive if the developer doesn't make many dungeons to ease off on the repetitiveness. Lately dungeons have become more interesting than in the past and more complex. Still wish it was open world though.

It's worth a try for a F2P game.

Yep, agreed!
The instance grind isn't good, but the combat, oh man. One of the best there is, and this is coming from a Monster hunter fan! The mid to end game will kick your ass easily, Dark souls fans outta give it a try.

The leveling been made easier but it still gets repetitive, i recommend playing with somebody
#16MahoganyTooth92Posted 11/3/2013 3:30:13 AM
TF2. No doubt.
---
"PC has a $0 a year maintenance fee. The only money I put into my PC is buying more games. Have fun with your subscription based gaming." -SirisS-G-P
#17BannanaBomb2002Posted 11/3/2013 3:43:10 AM
After Dungeon Fighter Online I'm staying far away from anything Nexon makes. Everything they touch turns to crap.
#18R i c kPosted 11/3/2013 7:47:08 AM(edited)
S4 League was a great design but it was coded by morons. Hackers are free to do way too much in that game and it's overrun with them. Aimbotting, wallhacking and triggerbotting are things any shooter is susceptible to but in S4L I've also see invincibility, speed hacks, 1-hit kills and melee weapon range hacks. There's nothing more BS that a game where a player is moving at 90mph, is invincible and can 1-hit kill everyone from anywhere on the map with his sword... And you get players like that in almost every match. The servers aren't great, either.

I also thought Microvolts was a great design for a F2P shooter. The F2P model is broken, though. It's one of those lol-good-luck-earning-enough-credits-to-maintain-your-loadout-leases-as-a-F2P'r games. Zombie Mode was also completely broken and could have been easily fixed but years went by and, as far as I know, it was never fixed.

As for my favorite F2P shooter and favorite F2P game, in general, that would have to be APB: Reloaded. I've been playing almost daily for over 1.5 years and have clocked over 1700 hours. Still think it's a great game, though the laggy servers can be frustrating at times.
---
i5-2500k@4.5Ghz, XFX Radeon HD 6870, ASUS P8Z68-V/Gen3, 2x8GB G.Skill DDR3 1600, Crucial M4 64GB SSD, WD Caviar Blue 1TB HDD, XFX Pro650W Core, Corsair 650D
#19StormKMDPosted 11/3/2013 7:47:12 AM
Planetside 2 and Tribes are really the only ones I would play. And LoL. It's pretty good (although I like dota better).
---
MSI 660 GeForce 2GB | i5 3570K | AsRock Z77 Pro3 | Seagate Barracuda 500GB | Ballistix 8GB | Corsair CX430
#20SKStylez(Topic Creator)Posted 11/3/2013 7:20:08 PM
R i c k posted...
S4 League was a great design but it was coded by morons. Hackers are free to do way too much in that game and it's overrun with them. Aimbotting, wallhacking and triggerbotting are things any shooter is susceptible to but in S4L I've also see invincibility, speed hacks, 1-hit kills and melee weapon range hacks. There's nothing more BS that a game where a player is moving at 90mph, is invincible and can 1-hit kill everyone from anywhere on the map with his sword... And you get players like that in almost every match. The servers aren't great, either.

I also thought Microvolts was a great design for a F2P shooter. The F2P model is broken, though. It's one of those lol-good-luck-earning-enough-credits-to-maintain-your-loadout-leases-as-a-F2P'r games. Zombie Mode was also completely broken and could have been easily fixed but years went by and, as far as I know, it was never fixed.

As for my favorite F2P shooter and favorite F2P game, in general, that would have to be APB: Reloaded. I've been playing almost daily for over 1.5 years and have clocked over 1700 hours. Still think it's a great game, though the laggy servers can be frustrating at times.

Hackers are a curse of most f2p, especially shooters. What I hated about s4 league is how far they were straying from the core and going in the casual payers interest. Homing guns, long range melee weapons, wtf? Pay2win. I don't what state it's in right now, but I haven't touched it in a while.

Microvolts was awesome :) It was like TF2 but I liked the stages more, and it had a certain charm. Dolls running around a chess board and using pieces as cover, or hiding behind sandwiches in a kitchen? Yess pleasee!