This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

For people who love ARPG's, how is Path of Exile?

#21Bigj089Posted 11/3/2013 4:42:57 PM
ShadowThaReaper posted...
It's great.

The only people who don't like it are the casuals who never liked ARPGs in the first place and think every game needs to be dumbed down to appeal to them.

Lol how cute. He thinks PoE isn't just as casual as the majority of other ARPGs out there.
---
I hate pineapple pizza but I don't boycott pizza shops that offer that abomination.--The Liberator
#22NingishzidaPosted 11/3/2013 4:50:08 PM
Boge posted...
Ningishzida posted...
Median XL: Ultimatum + Glide Wrapper

all else is a joke in comparison

You have links for these? I'd like to try it, but I want to make sure I get the correct versions.

Median XL: Ultimative: (replaced MXL: Classic)

http://bit.ly/ultimative
mirror: http://ofca.vn.cz/~aahz/ultimative_xi.rar

The Sin War Online:

http://tsw.vn.cz/how-to-join/

Glide Wrapper: (looks glorious)

http://www.svenswrapper.de/gl32ogl14e.zip
#23ShadowThaReaperPosted 11/3/2013 5:13:50 PM
Bigj089 posted...
He thinks PoE isn't just as casual as the majority of other ARPGs out there.

It's not. Why do you think all the casuals complain about it?
#24ilikehamandhaloPosted 11/3/2013 5:23:23 PM
Interesting but dull, the fact that classes dont matter and any character can do anything really cuts its playability down to nothing and the "skill tree" is really just the same passives for every character with the choices being Hit harder/faster, more HP/resist or more Mana/spells cost less mana.

Not bad for maybe one playthrough but its not really anything special.
---
B**** if you wave then I will surf you
#25Bigj089Posted 11/3/2013 5:28:58 PM
Bigj089 posted...
He thinks PoE isn't just as casual as the majority of other ARPGs out there.

It's not. Why do you think all the casuals complain about it?

Because they don't like the extremely slow, boring pace and pointlessly massive passive skill tree. I like how you label them as casuals simply because they see it for what it really is.

"Oh man, look at all those monotonous dots! I R hardcore nao!"
---
I hate pineapple pizza but I don't boycott pizza shops that offer that abomination.--The Liberator
#26LaMichael_JamesPosted 11/3/2013 5:35:22 PM
i enjoy this game but only because i rarely play arpgs and had a strong urge to play something like d2 a two weeks ago
---
bust rb
#27ShadowThaReaperPosted 11/3/2013 5:39:47 PM
ilikehamandhalo posted...
the fact that classes dont matter and any character can do anything really cuts its playability down to nothing

No it doesn't. It makes the game more flexible.

Bigj089 posted...
Because they don't like the extremely slow, boring pace and pointlessly massive passive skill tree.

The pace is fine. If you want something faster, the new CoD comes out soon. The passive skill tree is fine the way it is.
#28NingishzidaPosted 11/3/2013 5:40:40 PM
LaMichael_James posted...
i enjoy this game but only because i rarely play arpgs and had a strong urge to play something like d2 a two weeks ago

well, you should have played D2 instead, preferably as per my above links.

if you're gonna waste alot of your life playing these addictive games, you might as well play the ultimate expression of the genre (MXL:U).
#29Bigj089Posted 11/3/2013 5:41:38 PM
ilikehamandhalo posted...
the fact that classes dont matter and any character can do anything really cuts its playability down to nothing

No it doesn't. It makes the game more flexible.

Bigj089 posted...
Because they don't like the extremely slow, boring pace and pointlessly massive passive skill tree.

The pace is fine. If you want something faster, the new CoD comes out soon. The passive skill tree is fine the way it is.

Shame I hate CoD. And yeah, they're fine. If you like extremely slow, boring, and monotonous.
---
#30NingishzidaPosted 11/3/2013 5:41:44 PM
The pace is fine.

lolno
please play MXL:U to know what pace is.