This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What type of gamer are you?

#41AltmadragonPosted 11/4/2013 12:32:42 AM
Your not a hardcore gamer if you limit yourself to a single platform.
---
Ha! Made you read |TJ07| i5-3570k| Asus p8z77-v| GB GTX 770 4gb sli|16gb Corsair veng| 1TB WD HDx2| 128gb Samsung ssd| XSPC Raystorm RS360 kit|
#42gadragodPosted 11/4/2013 6:22:00 AM
The cranky hermit posted...
I am a PC gamer to the same extent and sense that I am a Blu-Ray movie watcher.

Which is to say that I think self-identification based on the hardware you use is the wrong way to think about things. I take games seriously, and I value flexibility, quality, depth, and availability of extremely extensive libraries of games. A PC is the only way to have these things without compromise.

when I'm playing a platformer or a racing game, I insist on using a controller even while I'm playing the PC (something that PC purists turn their noses up at)

I don't know what a PC "purist" is, but PC gaming enthusiasts generally list controller compatibility as a good thing. Ask for help getting your DS3 to work with a platformer or racing game, and I very much doubt even one person will tell you not to. That will only happen if you ask for help getting it to work with an FPS or other mouse-centric game.

Hmm, there have been several occasions where I "felt" a PC gamer, through their bandwidth, shaking their heads and jeering at the idea of using a controller on a PC at all. And by "purist," I meant a player with a mighty rig, someone who plays resolutions above 1080p, refuses to use anything but his/her mouse and keyboard, and refuses to purchase consoles because they are "inferior" hardware. I might be wrong, but I always felt that there was a level of PC gaming that is far beyond simply owning a gaming rig and swearing allegiance to the PC as a platform.
#431618dudePosted 11/4/2013 7:07:31 AM
sirtonne posted...
Hmm lots of votes for "gamer" and quite a few replies saying they prefer PC (go figure) but also play on consoles. You wouldn't know that was the silent majority from all the insecure anti-console comments on this board.

I'm just a gamer myself. Too many exclusives and genres and Japanese games that either aren't on PC or aren't really suited for PC, especially when I have buddies over for multiplayer. Yes, I even play some of those casual (ooh dirty word) mobile games when I'm out. Gaming boards generally hate them, but some of them are pretty fun. Deal with it.

I used to be more into PC than consoles but all the online shooters and MMOs taking over PC gaming in the last decade or so have flipped it the other way around. It still feels weird to me when games don't have a single player campaign and, unfortunately for me, even a lot of the ones that do tend to half-ass it to focus on online multiplayer.

You seem... quite insecure. Is there something troubling you, youngster? Maybe the opinion of the evil internets people made you sad because they aren't like you? Try not to care too much. People will think you're a insecure person.
#44PsychoticFuryPosted 11/4/2013 8:38:03 AM
Benjamin_Button posted...
Muscular/gym rat gamer

Can I get yo numbah, baby?
#45JudgmenlPosted 11/4/2013 9:00:53 AM
Everyone is a "real gamer"

this topic is BS / trolling.
---
http://i.imgur.com/sUtdyzN.png - Popularity =/= Quality.
http://i.imgur.com/0Awd55E.png - Opinions =/= Truth.
#46SinisterSlayPosted 11/4/2013 9:02:54 AM
I voted PC gamer.

I still whip out a console occasionally. Just last night I was playing Crash Bash on my PS1 with a friend.

I don't own an x360 or PS3. I'm not against them, they just don't have enough of the games I want to justify the expense.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#47sirtonne(Topic Creator)Posted 11/4/2013 9:09:12 AM
1618dude posted...
You seem... quite insecure. Is there something troubling you, youngster? Maybe the opinion of the evil internets people made you sad because they aren't like you? Try not to care too much. People will think you're a insecure person.

Well you're close. Close in the sense that it's nearly the exact opposite of what a retired married man in his 30s who's been gaming since before internet gaming sites existed would care of the opinions of kids on the internet.

Sorry if my pointing out the insecurities of many on this board offended you enough to launch your own "no I'm not, you are" insult. A scathing witty burn by one as mature and secure as you!
#481618dudePosted 11/4/2013 9:18:54 AM
sirtonne posted...
1618dude posted...

Well you're close. Close in the sense that it's nearly the exact opposite of what a retired married man in his 30s who's been gaming since before internet gaming sites existed would care of the opinions of kids on the internet.

Sorry if my pointing out the insecurities of many on this board offended you enough to launch your own "no I'm not, you are" insult. A scathing witty burn by one as mature and secure as you!

Why so insecure, youngster?