This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What is the benefit of buying higher quality motherboards?

#11DerPancakePosted 11/3/2013 11:37:35 AM(edited)
Why did I pay more for the Asus Sabertooth?

Because it looks beautiful and the armor can take a hammer and not hurt the motherboard, it also conducts electricity so in case your PSU fails the armor will protect the motherboard, and the Assist fans help reduce the heat of your CPU, which lets you overclock even further!
---
EVGA
#12_GRIM_FANDANGO_Posted 11/3/2013 11:40:40 AM
Features really.

They can have a different quality onboard audio, SLI and Crossfire capability, support higher Mhz ram, include USB 3.0, have different overclocking features, have sata III 6.0 GB/s ports, even include bluetooth and wifi capability out of the box.

There are tons of things that make one motherboard more expensive than the other, but it is only worth getting an expensive motherboard if you make use of them. Quite often I see people using expensive motherboards in their builds, only to make no use of the features these motherboards offer. In those cases, it is a waste of money.
---
I5 3570 | GTX 760 | FILCO Majestouch 2 tenkeyless | Zowie FK | Asus Xonar DGX | Kingston 120 GB SSD | Sennheiser HD 518 | Samsung S24A350H
#13AcquirePosted 11/3/2013 11:45:31 AM
Better overclocking and features for the future. Me and a friend built our PCs about the same time back when the first gen i7s came out. He had to buy a new motherboard since the one he got at the time was really cheap, practically couldn't do much overclocking at all. Meanwhile I was able to get a good overclock on mine and add good life to my cpu. In addition mine has sata 3 and usb 3.0 support. When I bought the motherboard four years ago I had no immediate use for those features, but four years later I now have two sata 3 ssds hooked up and have some usb 3.0 devices.
---
And if you hear as the warm night falls. The silver sound from a time so strange. Sing to me, sing to me.
#14call of duty(Topic Creator)Posted 11/5/2013 4:15:24 PM
DerPancake posted...
Why did I pay more for the Asus Sabertooth?

Because it looks beautiful and the armor can take a hammer and not hurt the motherboard, it also conducts electricity so in case your PSU fails the armor will protect the motherboard, and the Assist fans help reduce the heat of your CPU, which lets you overclock even further!

"It looks beautiful"...do you have a glass case?
---
Number of people who claim that I'm an idiot because of my username, even though they were not born when I created my account nor ever played the first CoD: 14
#15AlleRacingPosted 11/5/2013 4:23:49 PM
Looks, better rear I/O, better port selection, better power design, better features...

call of duty posted...
"It looks beautiful"...do you have a glass case?

I have a windowed case. This is what I see through the window:

http://i.imgur.com/6N7rYin.jpg

Aesthetics might not be a good reason for you to choose a different motherboard, but they are a good enough reason for others, be sure of that.
---
http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/8325/scrunchface2copyfx0.png
http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/default/alle5.jpg