This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is this still a good PSU by today's standards?

#11EternalNether(Topic Creator)Posted 11/3/2013 3:42:19 PM
Ignored. What the hell is wrong with people? So what if I don't like tinkering much with my computer after I've built it. So sue me. It doesn't make me lazy.
---
3DS Friend Code: 0619-3902-4035 Pokemon White Friend Code:0433-9592-2992
Steam ID/PSN ID: Solirus
#12lionheart5656Posted 11/3/2013 3:44:52 PM
EternalNether posted...
Ignored. What the hell is wrong with people? So what if I don't like tinkering much with my computer after I've built it. So sue me. It doesn't make me lazy.

Are you so sad and inferior that two messages requires you to ignore a person so that you can protect your sensitive feelings?

I'm sorry. I didn't realize you're an emo. Try not to cut yourself tonight. That won't solve anything.
---
http://tinyurl.com/3ljyptn
Shooting blanks, every time, all the time.
#13DarkZV2BetaPosted 11/3/2013 3:50:33 PM
EternalNether posted...
DarkZV2Beta posted...
What are your current specs?
Your CPU is still fantastic, and that PSU won't let you down. Provided you have 8GB of RAM, the most you should look at upgrading is the GPU, and even then, if you had something decently high end in 2010, you can probably hold onto it a while longer. Next gen consoles are pretty low-end.

Intel i5 2500 (not the K)
Asus Sabertooth P67 Motherboard
4GB G.Skills Ripjaw RAM
Nvidia GTX 460 (this is definitely not cutting it anymore
Seasonic X 650w PSU (linked above)
1TB HDD (definitely need more)
64GB SSD (also definitely need more)
NZXT Phantom (the entire top panel where the headphone jack and such is has shorted out. Needs replaced)

Get yourself a new GPU, a replacement for your top front panel, a 128-256GB SSD, and 8+ GB of RAM and you're all set.
Alternatively, Fractal Design Define R4.(in white)
---
Even people have toenails. Of course PCs have toenails. -claytonbuckley
#14OldSorrowPosted 11/3/2013 3:58:03 PM
Yes you should upgrade your CPU!
---
If you don't use Throwback Mode for a full week while logged in, you will lose access.
#15EternalNether(Topic Creator)Posted 11/3/2013 3:59:42 PM
DarkZV2Beta posted...
EternalNether posted...
DarkZV2Beta posted...
Your CPU is still fantastic, and that PSU won't let you down. Provided you have 8GB of RAM, the most you should look at upgrading is the GPU, and even then, if you had something decently high end in 2010, you can probably hold onto it a while longer. Next gen consoles are pretty low-end.

4GB G.Skills Ripjaw RAM
NZXT Phantom (the entire top panel where the headphone jack and such is has shorted out. Needs replaced)

Get yourself a new GPU, a replacement for your top front panel, a 128-256GB SSD, and 8+ GB of RAM and you're all set.

What's a Fractal Design Define R4?

So I need a new tower, which I was considering anyway. Want something smaller than this full size. I might just end up keeping my CPU then, but there's something that worries me about my RAM too. I tried to upgrade RAM once before. For the life of me I couldn't get it to work. I'm afraid the motherboard was the problem. Any time I tried to get the new sticks to work I ended up with an error beep. Eventually I gave up on it. How can I find out if it's my motherboard? Should I just move my RAM to the other two, unused slots?
---
#16DarkZV2BetaPosted 11/3/2013 4:09:07 PM
EternalNether posted...
DarkZV2Beta posted...
EternalNether posted...
DarkZV2Beta posted...

4GB G.Skills Ripjaw RAM

What's a Fractal Design Define R4?

So I need a new tower, which I was considering anyway. Want something smaller than this full size. I might just end up keeping my CPU then, but there's something that worries me about my RAM too. I tried to upgrade RAM once before. For the life of me I couldn't get it to work. I'm afraid the motherboard was the problem. Any time I tried to get the new sticks to work I ended up with an error beep. Eventually I gave up on it. How can I find out if it's my motherboard? Should I just move my RAM to the other two, unused slots?

The RAM you have now is working, no? Replace it. Mixing RAM can be a mess.
Fractal Design Define R4 is a ATX Mid Tower Computer Case. You can probably replace the part that broke on your Phantom.
---
Even people have toenails. Of course PCs have toenails. -claytonbuckley
#17Last Grand MageX2Posted 11/3/2013 4:25:00 PM
The Fractal R4 is a case, a really nice one. However the white one is the ugliest, and you should get the titanium one instead.
---
I try, but not very hard, product of my generation-snoochtonooch
#18EternalNether(Topic Creator)Posted 11/3/2013 4:31:30 PM
Last Grand MageX2 posted...
The Fractal R4 is a case, a really nice one. However the white one is the ugliest, and you should get the titanium one instead.

HOLY GOD THAT THING IS SEXY.

I was looking for a sleek case without bells and whistles too. Might get this over the Obsidian 550D
---
#19Last Grand MageX2Posted 11/3/2013 11:55:01 PM
EternalNether posted...
Last Grand MageX2 posted...

HOLY GOD THAT THING IS SEXY.

I was looking for a sleek case without bells and whistles too. Might get this over the Obsidian 550D

Yup, they're awesome cases.

Source: I own one.
---
I try, but not very hard, product of my generation-snoochtonooch
#20TimePharaohPosted 11/4/2013 12:43:08 AM
EternalNether posted...

Yes it does. And ignorant and dumb dumb too.
---
HE are genius, firstly. - ASlaveObeys
GestapoFAQs http://i.imgur.com/prqCDHz.png http://i.imgur.com/ooNGE4u.png