This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is Your CPU or GPU Overclocked?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Is Your CPU or GPU Overclocked?

User Info: daemon_dan

daemon_dan
3 years ago#11
EpicKingdom_ posted...
ThePCElitist posted...
I'm actually surprised by the amount of "no" answers.

I plan too eventually, I just haven't felt the need to do so yet. On the 8th though, I'll have about 1k soooo.. here's too destroying my rig.

>.> Destroying your rig? Your rig should be able to handle a decent overclock for years. Mine has been OC'd for a year and no problems whatsoever. Unless you plan to just OC them as high as you can for the lulz
"Frightened by your own smell. Bitterness will run you through."
~In Flames: Bullet Ride

User Info: lionheart5656

lionheart5656
3 years ago#12
I have 0 reason to overclock my GPU. It already destroys everything.

But I need dat CPU overlclock to play dat sick emulation legally.
http://tinyurl.com/3ljyptn
Shooting blanks, every time, all the time.

User Info: ThePCElitist

ThePCElitist
3 years ago#13
daemon_dan posted...
EpicKingdom_ posted...
ThePCElitist posted...

I plan too eventually, I just haven't felt the need to do so yet. On the 8th though, I'll have about 1k soooo.. here's too destroying my rig.

>.> Destroying your rig? Your rig should be able to handle a decent overclock for years. Mine has been OC'd for a year and no problems whatsoever. Unless you plan to just OC them as high as you can for the lulz

I've had my 2500k OC'd for 2 years now and it shows no signs of issues. By the time it does get to a point where it "might" have issues it will be obsolete anyway. If I get 4 years out of it I'm perfectly fine with that.
When I'm Miqo'te
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3LGf9SSWrU

User Info: daemon_dan

daemon_dan
3 years ago#14
ThePCElitist posted...
daemon_dan posted...
EpicKingdom_ posted...
ThePCElitist posted...

I've had my 2500k OC'd for 2 years now and it shows no signs of issues. By the time it does get to a point where it "might" have issues it will be obsolete anyway. If I get 4 years out of it I'm perfectly fine with that.

When you do build a new rig you should OC it ridiculously high and just burn it the hell out. For lolz. And to find out what melting PCB smells like
"Frightened by your own smell. Bitterness will run you through."
~In Flames: Bullet Ride

User Info: Mogu_Mogu

Mogu_Mogu
3 years ago#15
My GPU overclocks itself, apparently, and it does it pretty well.
In the chronicles of my life
there is a legend in which I change 'history' into 'herstory'.

User Info: IronTusk

IronTusk
3 years ago#16
I haven't needed to yet.
https://twitter.com/arthurvonnagel

User Info: PhilOnDez

PhilOnDez
3 years ago#17
My gpu came came factory OCd but I haven't bumped it up past that so I don't consider it to be overclocked. My CPU I pushed as far as I could with my case/cooler though, i was just barely able to push it high enough to get a stable 60 in my main FTB world.
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez

User Info: MasterDonGero

MasterDonGero
3 years ago#18
Kokuei05 posted...
Yes CPU, No GPU.

I don't trust software overclocks nor will I flash random user made bios on my GPU.

And why don't you trust GPU-OC software?
3570K (4.8 GHz) | Dual-X 7970 | ASRock Z77 OC Formula | Corsair Vengeance 2x 4 GB | WD Black 1 TB | Corsair TX750 | XSPC Raystorm 750 RS240 Kit | NZXT Phantom

User Info: EpicKingdom_

EpicKingdom_
3 years ago#19
daemon_dan posted...
EpicKingdom_ posted...
ThePCElitist posted...

>.> Destroying your rig?

Twas a joke.
The PC gaming Master Race will never die out. We will continue to train, raise, and breed Master Race.
http://www.youtube.com/user/PCGamingMasterRace87/videos

User Info: Snuckie7

Snuckie7
3 years ago#20
Both, by quite a bit.
Intel Core i7 3820 | EVGA X79 SLI K2 | MSI 7950 Twin Frozr III | Samsung / 840 120GB / 8GB RAM | 1TB WD Caviar Blue | Corsair / 550D / H70 | Silencer MKIII 600W
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Is Your CPU or GPU Overclocked?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived