This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is Your CPU or GPU Overclocked?

#11daemon_danPosted 11/3/2013 4:25:15 PM
EpicKingdom_ posted...
ThePCElitist posted...
I'm actually surprised by the amount of "no" answers.

I plan too eventually, I just haven't felt the need to do so yet. On the 8th though, I'll have about 1k soooo.. here's too destroying my rig.

>.> Destroying your rig? Your rig should be able to handle a decent overclock for years. Mine has been OC'd for a year and no problems whatsoever. Unless you plan to just OC them as high as you can for the lulz
---
"Frightened by your own smell. Bitterness will run you through."
~In Flames: Bullet Ride
#12lionheart5656Posted 11/3/2013 4:28:20 PM
I have 0 reason to overclock my GPU. It already destroys everything.

But I need dat CPU overlclock to play dat sick emulation legally.
---
http://tinyurl.com/3ljyptn
Shooting blanks, every time, all the time.
#13ThePCElitistPosted 11/3/2013 4:29:03 PM
daemon_dan posted...
EpicKingdom_ posted...
ThePCElitist posted...

I plan too eventually, I just haven't felt the need to do so yet. On the 8th though, I'll have about 1k soooo.. here's too destroying my rig.

>.> Destroying your rig? Your rig should be able to handle a decent overclock for years. Mine has been OC'd for a year and no problems whatsoever. Unless you plan to just OC them as high as you can for the lulz

I've had my 2500k OC'd for 2 years now and it shows no signs of issues. By the time it does get to a point where it "might" have issues it will be obsolete anyway. If I get 4 years out of it I'm perfectly fine with that.
---
When I'm Miqo'te
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3LGf9SSWrU
#14daemon_danPosted 11/3/2013 4:30:27 PM
ThePCElitist posted...
daemon_dan posted...
EpicKingdom_ posted...
ThePCElitist posted...

I've had my 2500k OC'd for 2 years now and it shows no signs of issues. By the time it does get to a point where it "might" have issues it will be obsolete anyway. If I get 4 years out of it I'm perfectly fine with that.

When you do build a new rig you should OC it ridiculously high and just burn it the hell out. For lolz. And to find out what melting PCB smells like
---
"Frightened by your own smell. Bitterness will run you through."
~In Flames: Bullet Ride
#15Mogu_MoguPosted 11/3/2013 4:40:26 PM
My GPU overclocks itself, apparently, and it does it pretty well.
---
In the chronicles of my life
there is a legend in which I change 'history' into 'herstory'.
#16IronTuskPosted 11/3/2013 4:42:09 PM
I haven't needed to yet.
---
https://twitter.com/arthurvonnagel
#17PhilOnDezPosted 11/3/2013 4:45:26 PM
My gpu came came factory OCd but I haven't bumped it up past that so I don't consider it to be overclocked. My CPU I pushed as far as I could with my case/cooler though, i was just barely able to push it high enough to get a stable 60 in my main FTB world.
---
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez
#18MasterDonGeroPosted 11/3/2013 4:58:14 PM
Kokuei05 posted...
Yes CPU, No GPU.

I don't trust software overclocks nor will I flash random user made bios on my GPU.

And why don't you trust GPU-OC software?
---
3570K (4.8 GHz) | Dual-X 7970 | ASRock Z77 OC Formula | Corsair Vengeance 2x 4 GB | WD Black 1 TB | Corsair TX750 | XSPC Raystorm 750 RS240 Kit | NZXT Phantom
#19EpicKingdom_Posted 11/3/2013 5:03:15 PM
daemon_dan posted...
EpicKingdom_ posted...
ThePCElitist posted...

>.> Destroying your rig?

Twas a joke.
---
The PC gaming Master Race will never die out. We will continue to train, raise, and breed Master Race.
http://www.youtube.com/user/PCGamingMasterRace87/videos
#20Snuckie7Posted 11/3/2013 5:18:52 PM
Both, by quite a bit.
---
Intel Core i7 3820 | EVGA X79 SLI K2 | MSI 7950 Twin Frozr III | Samsung / 840 120GB / 8GB RAM | 1TB WD Caviar Blue | Corsair / 550D / H70 | Silencer MKIII 600W