This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

what are some simple single-player strategy game for PC?

#11DaedalusExPosted 11/3/2013 8:46:29 PM
XCOM: Enemy Unknown

I don't care for the game personally, but people who find enjoyment in simple strategy games seem to like it a lot.
#12DiehardFFv2Posted 11/3/2013 8:49:18 PM
lost_within posted...
Shub posted...
Really most of them are pretty simple at their core, but it's like chess: simple to learn, hard to master.
Here are some suggestions to get you started:
Warcraft 3
Heroes of Might and Magic 3
Civilization V
Starcraft 2

Just FYI Civ 5 is a TBS not a RTS...

Try reading the entire topic before you call someone out.
---
3570k | r9 280x | 8GB DDR3 | 256GB SSD | 3TB HDD
#13ShubPosted 11/3/2013 8:51:14 PM
lost_within posted...
Just FYI Civ 5 is a TBS not a RTS...

I know. It's funny that you read my post (3rd in the topic) but missed the one above mine (2nd in the topic).
---
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
#14KidInTheHallPosted 11/3/2013 9:02:41 PM
Sins of a Sexy Empire : Rebellion.
---
i5-3570k | ASRock Z77 Extreme6 | EVGA 560Ti 448 Classified x2 SLI | 16GB G.Skill Ares | Corsair 600T White | 212 EVO | HX750
#15uankainkPosted 11/3/2013 9:05:02 PM
i dont think Warcraft III and Starcraft II is simple RTS.. it relied heavily on micro-management

you should try Dawn of War II, its straightforward RTS with less building aspect
Age of Mythology and Rise of Nation are good old-school RTS
Spellforce 2 (RTS-RPG) and XCOM (TBS) have good single player campaign
#16Lady UnePosted 11/3/2013 9:50:17 PM
Civ V has a lot of stuff to learn for someone new to strategy games, but by virtue of being turn based, gives you a good environment to learn.

Dawn of War (the original series) is pretty simple as far as RTS games go and has good variety between the races.

Not really simple since it requires good micro and isn't a game where you just race to the top of the tech tree to spam 20 of the same units, but Company of Heroes (the original series, once again) has some very satisfying tactical gameplay where cover, facing and territory control win the day vs. steam rolling a blob of units around the map. (on that note though, the Necrons from Dawn of War can actually steam roll their base around he map.....good times)
---
Leader of the Elder Cult of Jiub.
I still love Scribs.
#17Lady UnePosted 11/3/2013 9:58:39 PM
I make no apologies for double posting.

Of the 3 I mentioned, I think Civ V is the best single player.
---
Leader of the Elder Cult of Jiub.
I still love Scribs.
#18KidInTheHallPosted 11/3/2013 10:01:34 PM
*is offended by double posting*
---
i5-3570k | ASRock Z77 Extreme6 | EVGA 560Ti 448 Classified x2 SLI | 16GB G.Skill Ares | Corsair 600T White | 212 EVO | HX750
#19SlaynPosted 11/4/2013 12:39:45 AM
I honestly think that all the Blizzard RTS is pretty simple. Online is a different story, but Warcraft/Starcraft games have some pretty easy mechanics and the single player campaigns are satisfying.

For turn based, I really liked the new Xcom. IMO it isn't TOO complicated, but it can be hard if you haven't played a strategy game. You can turn down the difficulty though.

For the turn based Might and Magic type of strategy game, King's Bounty series. This is different because it has more of an RPG set up where you run around on a map before you enter a battle, you level up, have gold, collect items. The only thing I don't like about King's Bounty is you seem to randomly run in to quests/monsters that you have no chance of beating, like they were put in a low level area to come back to much later. Kind of a dumb design IMO. The rest of the game is pretty easy though, very simplistic for a strategy game.
---
ZOMG Pokeyman craze! FC: 2036-7659-0505 Beautifly, Ledyba, Venomoth.