This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

(Poll) Which of these three monitor display options would be best?

#1iscareu13Posted 11/3/2013 10:40:14 PM
Which of these three monitor display options would be best? - Results (24 votes)
Three Identical 21.5" 1080p
62.5% (15 votes)
One 27" 1440p + Two Identical Under 21" (Probably not 1080p)
37.5% (9 votes)
One 30" 1080p + Two Identical Under 21" (Probably not 1080p)
0% (0 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I am not actually looking to upgrade at this moment, but I am wondering if I were to upgrade... What would be the best set up in your opinion. I know I left out information such as refresh rates, brands, IPS, etc. I am using this more to see which set up would be most preferred overall.

I am really limiting it to these options due to price and desk space.

Three 21.5" obviously gives the option of eyefinity and it would probably look the best esthetically as all three monitors would be identical and all would be HD/same resolution.

One 27" 1440p (+ the two others) would give me the highest resolution and a pretty big monitor to game on.

One 30" 1080p (+ the two others) would give me the biggest display to game on.

If there another three monitor display setup worth thinking about that would come out to approximately this same price range?
#2SlaynPosted 11/4/2013 12:34:27 AM
I am not sure what to tell you. I personally run a 1440p monitor and then I have my 1080p TV hooked up and mounted right on top of my monitor. I use the 1440p for gaming and will run videos on the TV. 1440p gaming is where it's at, unless you want to run 3 identical for eyefinity. Those are the only two options IMO, I don't see the point of 3 monitors if they aren't all the same. Honest question, what is the point of running a 1440p monitor surrounded by two lesser monitors? I under stand having 1 good monitor for gaming and maybe another one for random stuff, but I don't get what you're trying to do.
---
ZOMG Pokeyman craze! FC: 2036-7659-0505 Beautifly, Ledyba, Venomoth.
#3IronTuskPosted 11/4/2013 1:37:10 AM
I have an eyefinity set-up. It's nice for racing/flying games and some FPS, but often it's a hassle to set up. Sometimes I with I had one really nice huge monitor in the middle and a couple satellites instead.
---
https://twitter.com/arthurvonnagel