This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

what should I be looking for ? A TV or Monitor? (LED,plasma,etc.)

#1GGearXPosted 11/3/2013 9:46:23 PM
I'm not sure, I will be playing some old games as well from nes/snes or ps2 as well, and next gen.

But I don't know much about displays, Since want to watch movies and stuff too.
Don't know what the difference is between LED and the other ones like plasma or LCD , Which one is best for gaming?

Do you guys have any Tips? It's for black friday of course.
---
GT- Neon KnLght
So like. You wanna play?
#2SlaynPosted 11/3/2013 10:02:32 PM
Personally I switched to a 1440p monitor, and haven't looked back.
---
ZOMG Pokeyman craze! FC: 2036-7659-0505 Beautifly, Ledyba, Venomoth.
#3WinpusPosted 11/4/2013 5:54:04 AM
For gaming, I'd always recommend a monitor. Unless the TV has a good game mode that eliminates input lag. The difference is pretty astounding when viewed side by side. For movies and color reproduction, plasma would be best because they aren't backlit and can actually produce deep blacks. However, due to the nature of phosphorus screens, they are susceptible to image burn in. LCDs come in LED and CCFL back light varieties. On a smaller size screen there won't be much difference between the two really, however CCFL lit screens can produce a more even back light than LEDs. LEDs are much more power effecient, and thus more important for larger screens where efficiency may outweigh image reproduction. LEDs can also suffer from PWM problems, which will cause the lighting to flicker on lower brightness levels. This can cause annoyance and eyestrain.

Basically it comes down to personal choice on how much each of these features/drawbacks will weigh in to your usage patterns.