This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Upgrading my PC

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Upgrading my PC

User Info: Skul_

Skul_
3 years ago#1
I have:
MOBO: P8-Z68M Pro
CPU: i5-2500
GPU: GTX550 TI
Case/PSU: Some Thermeltake one, i think the PSU is like 500W (And its built into the case)
RAM: 8GB DDR3 @1333MHz
Mass Storage: 1TB(HDD) +250GB(SSD)

Im thinking ill have to upgrade the case/PSU and the GPU. Is it worth upgrading the CPU/MOBO as well? Will i be bottlenecked? I was going to buy a GTX770, a Corsair 500R and whatever PSU.

Is this worth it? Or is it better just to upgrade everything now (and bring over the Storage and RAM)
Alex, I'm trying to start a troll topic. Stop destroying my credibility here. - hypersonic2000

User Info: Slayn

Slayn
3 years ago#2
Skul_ posted...
I have:
Case/PSU: Some Thermeltake one, i think the PSU is like 500W (And its built into the case)

Im thinking ill have to upgrade the case/PSU and the GPU. Is it worth upgrading the CPU/MOBO as well? Will i be bottlenecked? I was going to buy a GTX770, a Corsair 500R and whatever PSU.

Is this worth it? Or is it better just to upgrade everything now (and bring over the Storage and RAM)

Mobo/cpu/memory- Good to go. Don't bother.
Case/psu- You might be able to get away with them. Get more stats on PSU.
Video card- Yeah I would upgrade this. GTX770 is a good Nvidia choice, otherwise if you like AMD, they have good stuff that just released.
ZOMG Pokeyman craze! FC: 2036-7659-0505 Beautifly, Ledyba, Venomoth.

User Info: freakaccident

freakaccident
3 years ago#3
AMD>Nvidia
AMD FX-8320 @ 4 GHz | G.SKILL 8GB @ 1600 MHz | MSI Radeon HD 7850 2GB OC | Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64-bit, and an Xbox 360

Skul_
3 years ago#4
freakaccident posted...
AMD>Nvidia

nVidia fanboyism > AMD > nVidia
Alex, I'm trying to start a troll topic. Stop destroying my credibility here. - hypersonic2000

User Info: AsucaHayashi

AsucaHayashi
3 years ago#5
(And its built into the case)

get a new psu and possibly a better case for the future.
PC hardware doesn't need to match console hardware in price when PC gamers save literal thousands from the software they buy. http://www.steamgamesales.com/

User Info: DarkZV2Beta

DarkZV2Beta
3 years ago#6
Skul_ posted...
I have:

Junk that PSU for a good Corsair/SeaSonic/XFX/ect.
Is that 2500 or 2500k? You might consider a cheap 3770k if you see it get low enough. 2500 is fine, though. Mobo isn't worth upgrading either.
Besides that, just upgrade the GPU.
Even people have toenails. Of course PCs have toenails. -claytonbuckley

User Info: doctoglethorpe

doctoglethorpe
3 years ago#7
your cpu and mobo are dandy apples. 770 is an excellent choice btw. (nvidia makes me a fanboy i guess)

for psu, go with a corsair, 600-700 watts. for a case, its expensive and large but i LOVE my corsair 600t.

Skul_
3 years ago#8
It's a 2500 not k.

Thanks for the advice guys, I'll grab a 770 (hopefully they add those free games here in australia) and a new case. (Probably the 500r since I like it in white) and a PSU

I'll upgrade the cpu and mobo next year.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Upgrading my PC

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived