This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Katawa Shoujo: which route should I pick next? *no spoiler*

#1fakewarsPosted 11/4/2013 6:25:17 AM
I have finished all ending on Emi's and Lilly's route, and I don't think I'm patient enough to finish all routes, the third one will be the last. I don't like Emi's route at all, her problem is just too cliched, Lilly's route is much better and sadder, only that I'm disappointed with the happy ending, I like sad story. So, for the four remaining routes, which one is saddest?
---
"The heads of peasants are much better as footballs."
~Ningishzida
#2aak57Posted 11/4/2013 6:27:28 AM
You're a brave man posting this here since PCH largely abhors VNs, never mind something like KS. Anyway, if you're looking for sad, go for Shizune's bad end.

BTW you do know that there are happy/bad endings for each, right?
---
http://i.imgur.com/ULj4q.jpg
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended.
#3PhilOnDezPosted 11/4/2013 6:34:34 AM
Hanako's 'good' ending made me feel like trash and she has the worst bad ending by far. She also has a neutral ending that was bittersweet. Her best ending is Lilly's good ending imo.

I didn't like shizune's route at all, Rin's was mildly interesting but she is just soooo weird.
---
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez
#4fakewars(Topic Creator)Posted 11/4/2013 6:42:05 AM
aak57 posted...
You're a brave man posting this here since PCH largely abhors VNs, never mind something like KS. Anyway, if you're looking for sad, go for Shizune's bad end.

BTW you do know that there are happy/bad endings for each, right?

Yeah, I even have my own modified flowchart to keep track on my progress
http://i.imgur.com/NujmJd5.jpg

PhilOnDez posted...
Hanako's 'good' ending made me feel like trash and she has the worst bad ending by far. She also has a neutral ending that was bittersweet. Her best ending is Lilly's good ending imo.

I didn't like shizune's route at all, Rin's was mildly interesting but she is just soooo weird.

By 'worst' bad ending, do you mean sad or just terribly written? I'm actually thinking for Misha for my next play since I'm curious what her disability is, does it something surprising?
---
"The heads of peasants are much better as footballs."
~Ningishzida
#5PhilOnDezPosted 11/4/2013 7:03:13 AM
Misha doesn't have a route nor a disability. She's only at the school to study sign language because she wants to teach it once she graduates. It's entirely possible she has ADHD though, and some people speculate that she might have Angelman Syndrome but I think she functions too well (perfectly normally in fact, aside from the fact that she's always excited) for that.

If you want though, you can sleep with her. That's how you unlock Shizune's bad end. As I said though, Shizune's route was far and away my least favorite. It's the longest, yet you only get one decision the entire time. The only thing I enjoyed about it at all was meeting Shizune's dad and a lot of people hate him. There just wasn't any character progression from anyone at all aside from Misha becoming a bit more serious right before final exams. Even Shizune's brother had more development in Lilly's route (I forget which route it tells you that she and another of the characters are cousins, you might already know).

As for Hanako's bad route, it wasn't poorly written imo, vs Shizune's whose felt terribly rushed.
---
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
#6aak57Posted 11/4/2013 7:46:24 AM
Way to spoil him on something, phil.
---
http://i.imgur.com/ULj4q.jpg
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended.
#7PhilOnDezPosted 11/4/2013 7:58:38 AM(edited)
Eh, I didn't tell him what leads up to it, how you do it (though with one choice there's obviously only one way to do it), or what the consequences are aside from "bad end". I'd really advise against her path though if you don't plan on playing through all of them. If you plan on coming back to finish later then go ahead.

Also, there's a "Worst End" in addition to all of the girls' various paths. It's hilarious depending on how morbid your sense of humor is. To get it, just don't lock in to any of the girls' paths and you'll hang out with Shinji on the day of the festival instead of whichever girl. Definitely make sure to do that since it will only take you a few minutes if you fast forward through the first chapter (I think it ends in the first chapter as well if you get it).
---
#8cuteboi100Posted 11/4/2013 8:07:29 AM
I heard Rings I'd good but it is the only one I haven't done. Go for Shizune
---
Xbox Live GT:ScaryPillow , iHaruyuki TERA:
LoL : ScaryPillow Maplestory: MLGLordly 16x I/L Arch Mage
#9Kokuei05Posted 11/4/2013 8:11:14 AM
The one with the big boobs.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsO-Td0hqXo
#10Bikes-Posted 11/4/2013 8:23:13 AM
I'd say Rin, though it's worth doing hanako as well. Shizune's route my least favorite so I'd say skip that one.
---
FC: 2921-9087-2265