This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Decreased Performance in Borderlands 2?

#1my_name_is_EdPosted 11/4/2013 9:46:08 AM(edited)
A10-5800k
MSI GTX 660ti
8GB RAM
1080p

So I was playing BL2 like 6 months ago, and was maxing it no problem. Some slight slowdowns from having PhysX on High, but otherwise 60 FPS.

Fast forward 6 months, nothings changed in my rig. It's the same install of BL2 in fact. I haven't removed it. But I got a hold of the DLC and figured I'd fire it up again. I'm level 30-something, and I'm doing all the stuff needed to enter Sanctuary for the first time, and I'm getting insane FPS drops. Usually with a bunch of mobs, or a couple mobs with an Element Effect Aura (like the poisonous bullymongs).

Any one have an idea of what could cause this? My drivers are up to date, as well as my version of BL2

EDIT: Forgot to mention I've also tried turning the settings down to medium, and still have a decreased performance.

EDIT 2: By "insane FPS drops" I mean going from 60 FPS walking around to 10 FPS while fighting.
---
http://i.imgur.com/cSf50Qs.png
#2StormKMDPosted 11/4/2013 9:37:40 AM
Did you turn down the physx settings?
---
MSI 660 GeForce 2GB | i5 3570K | AsRock Z77 Pro3 | Seagate Barracuda 500GB | Ballistix 8GB | Corsair CX430
#3my_name_is_Ed(Topic Creator)Posted 11/4/2013 9:39:02 AM
That was the first thing I did.
---
#4ShebeskiiPosted 11/4/2013 9:43:04 AM
my_name_is_Ed posted...
A10-5800k
MSI GTX 660ti
8GB RAM
1080p

So I was playing BL2 like 6 months ago, and was maxing it no problem. Some slight slowdowns from having PhysX on High, but otherwise 60 FPS.

Fast forward 6 months, nothings changed in my rig. It's the same install of BL2 in fact. I haven't removed it. But I got a hold of the DLC and figured I'd fire it up again. I'm level 30-something, and I'm doing all the stuff needed to enter Sanctuary for the first time, and I'm getting insane FPS drops. Usually with a bunch of mobs, or a couple mobs with an Element Effect Aura (like the poisonous bullymongs).

Any one have an idea of what could cause this? My drivers are up to date, as well as my version of BL2

EDIT: Forgot to mention I've also tried turning the settings down to medium, and still have a decreased performance.

Try a clean install of the latest Nvidia drivers. Hit Custom and then click the "clean installation" box.
---
That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence. - Christopher Hitchens
#5my_name_is_Ed(Topic Creator)Posted 11/4/2013 9:51:11 AM
Shebeskii posted...
my_name_is_Ed posted...
A10-5800k
MSI GTX 660ti
8GB RAM
1080p

Try a clean install of the latest Nvidia drivers. Hit Custom and then click the "clean installation" box.

I'll give that a go. I've got a pretty bad internet connection, so it'll be a bit before I give an update
---
#6redrum187Posted 11/4/2013 12:02:42 PM
there was another topic about this same subject recently anyway check your nvidia control panel and make sure physx is set to your gtx660ti and not the cpu or you could just turn it off completely in the borderlands 2 menu.
---
i still haven't found what i'm looking for...
#7my_name_is_Ed(Topic Creator)Posted 11/4/2013 11:02:34 PM
sorry for taking so long to reply. long story, uninteresting. Basically a story about a cow, turkeybaster, and lubricant, and my cousin. very uninteresting.

Anyways, i tried a clean install of the NVidia drivers, and it didn't help my problem =/
---
#8overkillwfo1978Posted 11/4/2013 11:48:16 PM
Yeah. Don't know how your 660ti accomplished maxing BL2 with PhysX on high at all... I am running a 3570k/680 combo and with PhysX on high I get regular dips into the mid 30's during combat. I would expect a 660ti would perform substantially worse...
---
"If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten" -George Carlin
#9my_name_is_Ed(Topic Creator)Posted 11/5/2013 6:41:40 PM
overkillwfo1978 posted...
Yeah. Don't know how your 660ti accomplished maxing BL2 with PhysX on high at all... I am running a 3570k/680 combo and with PhysX on high I get regular dips into the mid 30's during combat. I would expect a 660ti would perform substantially worse...

Well that'll just be your little secret, mkay?
---