This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Several questions regarding what gpu I should buy

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Several questions regarding what gpu I should buy

User Info: lionheart5656

lionheart5656
3 years ago#11
Shub posted...
lionheart5656 posted...
The only method I know is if you hear a high pitched noise coming from the PSU which would indicate a bearing problem and imminent failure.

It could just be coil whine, which is annoying but 100% harmless!

Possibly. I've only heard it twice in my life and my PSU always failed a few days later.
http://tinyurl.com/3ljyptn
Shooting blanks, every time, all the time.

User Info: Whitebeard11

Whitebeard11
3 years ago#12
Thanks guys but I don't experience any problems right now when im running an integrated. I also tried to use my dad's gpu which is a 9600 GSO and after a day, the gpu died also. Granted it died long ago and just miraculously works again. I don't know if the PSU killed it(Is it even possible) or I broke it because I moved it a lot lol.

I'm just afraid it might kill my new card if I don't diagnose it now. :(

User Info: Shub

Shub
3 years ago#13
lionheart5656 posted...
Possibly. I've only heard it twice in my life and my PSU always failed a few days later.

Sounds like blown capacitors then!
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.

Whitebeard11
3 years ago#14
Shub posted...
lionheart5656 posted...

Sounds like blown capacitors then!

Capacitors of my PSU? Sorry im not that knowledgeable about hardwares. Any recommendation what to do? Thanks!

Whitebeard11
3 years ago#15
Oh nevermind lol, thought that was addressed to me.

Whitebeard11
3 years ago#16
Bump for my PSU problem :(

User Info: doctoglethorpe

doctoglethorpe
3 years ago#17
The 4GB RAM would hold you back a lot more then a 760 would.

I have an MSI 760 (with 8GB RAM) and can run almost everything maxed 1080/60. Obviously not the ridiculous benchmarkers like Crysis, but those are rare exceptions and even then I can run them near enough to maxed that I can hardly tell the difference unless I take a magnifying glass to still screenshots (that is, while actually playing I'm missing out on completely unnoticeable levels of detail).

For single 1080p monitor set-ups I definitely recommend just sticking with a 760, I don't really think truly maxing 100% of games over 99.9% of them is worth an extra $100+.

User Info: doctoglethorpe

doctoglethorpe
3 years ago#18
Whitebeard11 posted...

Last question: Is my xfx 650w xtreme edition 80PLUS bronze enough for a 770/760?

Yes.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Several questions regarding what gpu I should buy

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived