This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Operating System Tier list

#41SlaynPosted 11/5/2013 5:58:37 AM(edited)
Windows 3.1- A PITA, but a huge leap for OS.

Windows 95- Another huge leap. Worked decently well.

Windows 98- Terrible, terrible OS. 98SE came way too late, but it was still better than ME.

Windows ME- WTF Microsoft. STAHP.

Windows XP- Crap at first, SP1 improved a lot, almost perfect by SP2.

Windows Vista- Ugh I really hated this OS. I had so many problems, but Vista x64 was better than Xp x64, and you pretty much needed Vista with a quad core and 8gb of memory.

Windows 7- Worked very well even at release. It is what Vista should have been.

Windows 8- Honestly works pretty well, a few improvements behind the scenes such as performance and start up times, a terrible metro interface that you can pretty much outright skip.

*Windows 8.1- Slight improvements made, I heard of some issues in the beginning, but it ran near flawless in the beta. Would highly recommend.

Windows 8.1>8>7>XP>95>98>3.1>ME
---
ZOMG Pokeyman craze! FC: 2036-7659-0505
#42FenriswolfPosted 11/5/2013 8:01:57 AM
New Link posted...
Fenriswolf posted...

Garbage tier:
Any Linux OS

At first I was going to ask why you would put linux in the garbage tier, but then i realized you wrote "any linux OS" and it became apparant that you don't know much about it.

Just because you aren't familiar with something doesn't mean its bad.

Linux has no games <_<
---
Hello
#43New LinkPosted 11/5/2013 8:32:05 AM
Fenriswolf posted...
New Link posted...
Fenriswolf posted...

Garbage tier:
Any Linux OS

At first I was going to ask why you would put linux in the garbage tier, but then i realized you wrote "any linux OS" and it became apparant that you don't know much about it.

Just because you aren't familiar with something doesn't mean its bad.

Linux has no games <_<

Say it while you can I suppose. It has a small but enjoyable library currently, plays most windows games just fine (several better than windows does natively), and its getting day 1 releases of Metro Last Light, Half Life 3, and Star Citizen. Valve has confirmed that they aim to move the entire steam library to linux, and have been working on a dx > opengl translation layer. In addition to Valve: Crytek, Unity3D, Id, and several others have moved development to linux.

There are many reasons that the developement shops are moving over. They don't have to give MS 30% of their sales (like on the W8 appstore.) There is better hardware support on linux, and both nvidia and intel graphics drivers perform better on linux than on windows.
---
-SNES- Hasta Pasta!
Sieh nur wie ich laufen kann... Mich fängst du nicht, ich bin der Lebkuchenmann!
#44Rexdragon125Posted 11/5/2013 10:18:25 AM(edited)
Seriously? Literally every machine I've tried random Linux distros on had some nagging component without Linux drivers. Lots of distros will refuse to even boot on my relatively new laptop.
#45nobleisthynamePosted 11/5/2013 10:17:14 AM
I've heard bad things about AMD cards on Linux machines but my Nvidia card is much more stable on my Linux machine compared to my Windows.
---
http://i.imgur.com/q9ZP3.jpg http://i.imgur.com/rBKxd.gif