This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

OK, I need help finding a 24 inch monitor

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. OK, I need help finding a 24 inch monitor
3 years ago#11
Ok, and what about viewing angles? I hear that if you're too far angled from the screen it becomes weird and distorted. Does any particular screen type help with that? Because I often have friends round to show them the latest offerings of the master race
(GT: II Lazer II) - (PSN: ME GOOSTA) - (Steam ID: lilylazer666)
(3DS FC: 4339-3035-7150)
3 years ago#12
son_gogetto posted...
Ok, and what about viewing angles? I hear that if you're too far angled from the screen it becomes weird and distorted. Does any particular screen type help with that? Because I often have friends round to show them the latest offerings of the master race

I believe IPS is supposed to have the best viewing angles. If you have the money, just get one of those Dell Ultra Sharp IPS monitors.
3 years ago#13
I have two 24" monitors I've been trying to sell. You should be able to get a good quality normal TN panel monitor. Samsung 24" ones run $200 or less. Other brands are even cheaper. If you have the budget I'd recommend an IPS/PLS panel monitor. Preferably a higher resolution one as well. 2560x1440 looks beautiful in those monitors and you don't need insane hardware to run that resolution.
And if you hear as the warm night falls. The silver sound from a time so strange. Sing to me, sing to me.
3 years ago#14
The only reason to prefer a TN panel is if you want 120Hz. The extra speed is wasted on 60Hz, which IPS screens do fine with greater color accuracy and viewing angles.
http://thecrankyhermit.wikispaces.com/
Year-by-year analysis of the finest gaming has to offer, and (eventually) more!
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. OK, I need help finding a 24 inch monitor

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived