This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

OK, I need help finding a 24 inch monitor

#11son_gogetto(Topic Creator)Posted 11/5/2013 3:05:10 PM
Ok, and what about viewing angles? I hear that if you're too far angled from the screen it becomes weird and distorted. Does any particular screen type help with that? Because I often have friends round to show them the latest offerings of the master race
---
(GT: II Lazer II) - (PSN: ME GOOSTA) - (Steam ID: lilylazer666)
(3DS FC: 4339-3035-7150)
#12NicoC96Posted 11/5/2013 3:23:47 PM
son_gogetto posted...
Ok, and what about viewing angles? I hear that if you're too far angled from the screen it becomes weird and distorted. Does any particular screen type help with that? Because I often have friends round to show them the latest offerings of the master race

I believe IPS is supposed to have the best viewing angles. If you have the money, just get one of those Dell Ultra Sharp IPS monitors.
#13AcquirePosted 11/5/2013 8:06:41 PM
I have two 24" monitors I've been trying to sell. You should be able to get a good quality normal TN panel monitor. Samsung 24" ones run $200 or less. Other brands are even cheaper. If you have the budget I'd recommend an IPS/PLS panel monitor. Preferably a higher resolution one as well. 2560x1440 looks beautiful in those monitors and you don't need insane hardware to run that resolution.
---
And if you hear as the warm night falls. The silver sound from a time so strange. Sing to me, sing to me.
#14The cranky hermitPosted 11/5/2013 8:09:08 PM
The only reason to prefer a TN panel is if you want 120Hz. The extra speed is wasted on 60Hz, which IPS screens do fine with greater color accuracy and viewing angles.
---
http://thecrankyhermit.wikispaces.com/
Year-by-year analysis of the finest gaming has to offer, and (eventually) more!