This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The Verge plays the Steam Machine

#11ECOsvaldo(Topic Creator)Posted 11/6/2013 3:30:50 PM
josh_bazzell posted...
Fenriswolf posted...
No thanks, I'll stick with my superior 360 controller

Sorry, but the 360 controller is junk. The Dpad is junk, the buttons get stuck and break, the analog sticks get grindy and are junk... JUNK

The one with the transforming D-Pad is pretty decent (for fighting games mostly).
---
PSN ID: ecosvaldo | 3DS Friend Code: 2707-1633-0103 | PC: http://pcpartpicker.com/b/ABH
#12Fade2black001Posted 11/6/2013 3:36:21 PM
josh_bazzell posted...
Fenriswolf posted...

Sorry, but the 360 controller is junk. The Dpad is junk, the buttons get stuck and break, the analog sticks get grindy and are junk... JUNK

So true.
---
We're Americans! We don't quit just because we're wrong.
We just keep doing the wrong thing until it turns out right.
#13TheC0ndemnedOnePosted 11/6/2013 3:39:10 PM
I want a Steam controller, even though I already have a 360 controller and like it. I wonder how much they'll cost.
---
http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs/55488_o.gif
http://www.d-e-f-i-n-i-t-e-l-y.com/
#14kelemvorPosted 11/6/2013 7:16:55 PM
I might buy the controller for my home theater/gaming rig. Maybe I'll eventually dump Windows and install SteamOS someday. Of course, Steam isn't giving up on Windows any time soon.
---
Kelemvor Lyonsbane
#15datopgamerPosted 11/6/2013 8:04:31 PM
ECOsvaldo posted...
josh_bazzell posted...
Fenriswolf posted...

The one with the transforming D-Pad is pretty decent (for fighting games mostly).

Fighting games should be played with a fightstick only. And if you truly need a controller for it then use a PS3 controller, has a much better d-pad.
---
I5 3570k @ 4.5ghz, 12 gigs DDR3 memory, Asrock Z77 Extreme 4, 2x EVGA GTX 670 4gb SC sli, Seasonic 750w PSU, Monoprice 1440p monitor
#16hitokiri13Posted 11/7/2013 12:02:41 AM(edited)
What so funny is this.

The secret is actually quite simple, it turns out: Valve designed the case so the parts can breathe individually. The CPU blows air out the top, the power supply out the side, and the graphics card exhaust out back, and none share any airspace within the case.

That is what Xbox 360 design should have been from the start.

It took Valve on there first try.

That's Valve engineering at it's finest.
---
Originally Posted by Manicdan
using a OCed quad for torrenting is like robbing your local video store with a rocket launcher.
#17josh_bazzellPosted 11/7/2013 4:37:38 PM
datopgamer posted...
ECOsvaldo posted...
josh_bazzell posted...
Fenriswolf posted...

Fighting games should be played with a fightstick only. And if you truly need a controller for it then use a PS3 controller, has a much better d-pad.

I bought a ps3 controller for that very reason. A fightstick isnt very portable and they are ghastly expensive for any that are of real quality. I actually prefer the original SNES pad for fighting games, it was the greatest.
---
My gaming rig: ASUS G73JW: I7 740qm, 8 gigs ddr3, Nvidia Geforce 460m.
I like single player games. Nothing is quite as enjoyable as playing with myself.