This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Metro: LL on Linux, Telltale Games going to Linux and CES 2014

#11ECOsvaldo(Topic Creator)Posted 11/5/2013 4:34:01 AM
Fenriswolf posted...
Keep dreaming, I'd rather see Apple take over PC gaming than give a cent to Linux

Once Unreal, CryEngine and id Tech engines arrive on Linux, what's the point of owning Windows anymore then? Most of the games today utilize these big-named engines.
---
PSN ID: ecosvaldo | 3DS Friend Code: 2707-1633-0103 | PC: http://pcpartpicker.com/b/ABH
#12TehPwnzererPosted 11/5/2013 9:48:54 AM
ECOsvaldo posted...
TehPwnzerer posted...
I can't see any linux distro superseding Windows when it comes to gaming. Much as I would like it, Windows will continue to be the definitive gaming OS.

There's a rumor that some big gaming companies will be announcing Linux ports at CES 2014 (basically any game that utilize the Unreal, CryEngine and id Tech engines; all of these engines have been announced in previous articles that a Linux port was being worked on). The biggest one, from what I've heard, is CD Projekt RED announcing all of the Witcher games (including Wild Hunt) to be released on Linux.

Yeah but who's going to re-buy every one of their hundred plus games on Linux?
#13ThePCElitistPosted 11/5/2013 9:50:02 AM
I want to see Metro:LL Benchmarks on Linux vs Windows now.
---
When I'm Miqo'te
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3LGf9SSWrU
#14SinisterSlayPosted 11/5/2013 9:50:31 AM
TehPwnzerer posted...
ECOsvaldo posted...
TehPwnzerer posted...
I can't see any linux distro superseding Windows when it comes to gaming. Much as I would like it, Windows will continue to be the definitive gaming OS.

There's a rumor that some big gaming companies will be announcing Linux ports at CES 2014 (basically any game that utilize the Unreal, CryEngine and id Tech engines; all of these engines have been announced in previous articles that a Linux port was being worked on). The biggest one, from what I've heard, is CD Projekt RED announcing all of the Witcher games (including Wild Hunt) to be released on Linux.

If patterns continue, we will get the linux versions for free.

I notice my steam library in Linux keeps getting bigger.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#15ThePCElitistPosted 11/5/2013 9:54:52 AM
SinisterSlay posted...
TehPwnzerer posted...
ECOsvaldo posted...
TehPwnzerer posted...

I hope they don't make us pay for the same games again. If we purchased it once why do we need to buy it again on the same steam account?
---
When I'm Miqo'te
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3LGf9SSWrU
#16ECOsvaldo(Topic Creator)Posted 11/5/2013 10:03:31 AM
ThePCElitist posted...
SinisterSlay posted...
TehPwnzerer posted...
ECOsvaldo posted...
TehPwnzerer posted...

I hope they don't make us pay for the same games again. If we purchased it once why do we need to buy it again on the same steam account?

If you already own the game for Windows, then you will be able to install it on a Mac or Linux without having to re-purchase it again because Steam recognizes that you already own the game.
---
PSN ID: ecosvaldo | 3DS Friend Code: 2707-1633-0103 | PC: http://pcpartpicker.com/b/ABH
#17godplaysSNESPosted 11/5/2013 10:08:16 AM
Now Linux just needs support for all others games released during all those years
---
Super Mario Kart is the single best Mario Kart ever!
#18TehPwnzererPosted 11/5/2013 6:23:37 PM
ECOsvaldo posted...
If you already own the game for Windows, then you will be able to install it on a Mac or Linux without having to re-purchase it again because Steam recognizes that you already own the game.

Are you sure? Wouldn't they recognize it that you own the game on windows and not linux? Or does the purchase of a title include the ability to play it on all available operating systems? I've never played games on anything other than Windows so I don't know how it works. If so that would be a major boon in SteamOS's success.
#19steveboblarryPosted 11/5/2013 6:24:49 PM
ECOsvaldo posted...
Fenriswolf posted...
Keep dreaming, I'd rather see Apple take over PC gaming than give a cent to Linux

Once Unreal, CryEngine and id Tech engines arrive on Linux, what's the point of owning Windows anymore then? Most of the games today utilize these big-named engines.

Move along fenris just likes to troll
---
What Miley Cyrus did was not twerking, it was windshield wiping
#20MercurysMessagePosted 11/5/2013 6:30:41 PM
Panopictonguy posted...
So how long until they announce a price for Linux?

Red hat already costs money for the enterprise edition but that doesn't count. Ubuntu would be the closet one to being at that point because of the changes they have implemented lately, but a lot of people prefer linux mint and debian over ubuntu anyway.

Choose your distro, I use ubuntu right now but may switch to debian.
---
i5 3570k @ 3.6ghz | GTX 650 Ti Boost | 8gb DDR3 Corsair Vengenace - 1866 | 1TB HDD