This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

whats diffrence between these anti aliasing settings

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. whats diffrence between these anti aliasing settings
3 years ago#1
i ogt gtx 780 today whats best diffrence between fxaa,msaa smaa, and txaa

i want the most best setting based on my gpu
3 years ago#2
dsrpgfreak2009 posted...
i want the most best setting based on my gpu

Most best setting

Anyways, just use MSAA
I think I'm the only person on gamefaqs with a daughterboard - ToastyOne
New with a moderation history more plentiful than karma. - Fossil (Moderator)
3 years ago#3
MSAA is the higest quality of the ones you listed. All the other ones kind of blur the image. You have a 780 so your card should be able to handle even 8xMSAA
http://i.imgur.com/Z3MIjNj.jpg
If you believe in Allah and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
3 years ago#4
ok thanx guys they added all these new settings including hsbbao n stuff i dont understand to new cod game hwich i unlocked thru vpn im playing campaign modeo nly till midnite then going online with it
3 years ago#5
dsrpgfreak2009 posted...
ok thanx guys they added all these new settings including hsbbao n stuff i dont understand to new cod game hwich i unlocked thru vpn im playing campaign modeo nly till midnite then going online with it

It is terribly difficult to understand anything you are saying.
3570K (4.8 GHz) | Dual-X 7970 | ASRock Z77 OC Formula | Corsair Vengeance 2x 4 GB | WD Black 1 TB | Corsair TX750 | XSPC Raystorm 750 RS240 Kit | NZXT Phantom
3 years ago#6
MasterDonGero posted...

It is terribly difficult to understand anything you are saying.

He said thanks.
Interestingly enough, video game companies used to be able to make money without selling out like cheap prostitutes.-KaiserWarrior
3 years ago#7
Tony_Biggie_Pun posted...
MSAA is the higest quality of the ones you listed. All the other ones kind of blur the image. You have a 780 so your card should be able to handle even 8xMSAA

MSAA doesn't AA a lot of graphical assets these days. It's debatable which is best.
That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence. - Christopher Hitchens
3 years ago#8
Shebeskii posted...

MSAA doesn't AA a lot of graphical assets these days. It's debatable which is best.

I kinda noticed that in Crysis 3. Is there any reason for this?
http://i.imgur.com/Z3MIjNj.jpg
If you believe in Allah and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
3 years ago#9
Shebeskii posted...

I kinda noticed that in Crysis 3. Is there any reason for this?

It's because of the way it works. I really don't know the specifics, but while DX11 has improved compatibility with deferred rendering, it still doesn't AA everything in BF like it does in a source engine game.

It's definitely not the best option these days, but it does have its merits and that's why it's still around.
That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence. - Christopher Hitchens
3 years ago#10
What about good ol' fashioned SSAA?
Glorious God Gamers > PC Master Race > Console Peasants ---> http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/508/644/9eb.jpg
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. whats diffrence between these anti aliasing settings

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived