This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

whats diffrence between these anti aliasing settings

#1dsrpgfreak2009Posted 11/4/2013 5:57:33 PM
i ogt gtx 780 today whats best diffrence between fxaa,msaa smaa, and txaa

i want the most best setting based on my gpu
#2wizardmonPosted 11/4/2013 6:01:43 PM(edited)
dsrpgfreak2009 posted...
i want the most best setting based on my gpu

Most best setting

Anyways, just use MSAA
---
I think I'm the only person on gamefaqs with a daughterboard - ToastyOne
New with a moderation history more plentiful than karma. - Fossil (Moderator)
#3Tony_Biggie_PunPosted 11/4/2013 6:02:16 PM
MSAA is the higest quality of the ones you listed. All the other ones kind of blur the image. You have a 780 so your card should be able to handle even 8xMSAA
---
http://i.imgur.com/Z3MIjNj.jpg
If you believe in Allah and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
#4dsrpgfreak2009(Topic Creator)Posted 11/4/2013 6:04:53 PM
ok thanx guys they added all these new settings including hsbbao n stuff i dont understand to new cod game hwich i unlocked thru vpn im playing campaign modeo nly till midnite then going online with it
#5MasterDonGeroPosted 11/4/2013 7:03:31 PM
dsrpgfreak2009 posted...
ok thanx guys they added all these new settings including hsbbao n stuff i dont understand to new cod game hwich i unlocked thru vpn im playing campaign modeo nly till midnite then going online with it

It is terribly difficult to understand anything you are saying.
---
3570K (4.8 GHz) | Dual-X 7970 | ASRock Z77 OC Formula | Corsair Vengeance 2x 4 GB | WD Black 1 TB | Corsair TX750 | XSPC Raystorm 750 RS240 Kit | NZXT Phantom
#6Abiz_Posted 11/4/2013 7:08:36 PM
MasterDonGero posted...

It is terribly difficult to understand anything you are saying.

He said thanks.
---
Interestingly enough, video game companies used to be able to make money without selling out like cheap prostitutes.-KaiserWarrior
#7ShebeskiiPosted 11/4/2013 7:38:15 PM
Tony_Biggie_Pun posted...
MSAA is the higest quality of the ones you listed. All the other ones kind of blur the image. You have a 780 so your card should be able to handle even 8xMSAA

MSAA doesn't AA a lot of graphical assets these days. It's debatable which is best.
---
That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence. - Christopher Hitchens
#8Tony_Biggie_PunPosted 11/4/2013 8:20:39 PM
Shebeskii posted...

MSAA doesn't AA a lot of graphical assets these days. It's debatable which is best.

I kinda noticed that in Crysis 3. Is there any reason for this?
---
http://i.imgur.com/Z3MIjNj.jpg
If you believe in Allah and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
#9ShebeskiiPosted 11/9/2013 5:17:46 PM
Shebeskii posted...

I kinda noticed that in Crysis 3. Is there any reason for this?

It's because of the way it works. I really don't know the specifics, but while DX11 has improved compatibility with deferred rendering, it still doesn't AA everything in BF like it does in a source engine game.

It's definitely not the best option these days, but it does have its merits and that's why it's still around.
---
That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence. - Christopher Hitchens
#10TheWayOfTheGunPosted 11/9/2013 5:21:43 PM
What about good ol' fashioned SSAA?
---
Glorious God Gamers > PC Master Race > Console Peasants ---> http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/508/644/9eb.jpg