This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How many of you were screwed out of Ghosts?

#31MahoganyTooth92Posted 11/5/2013 7:14:55 AM
triple s posted...
Having under 8GB of RAM and complaining you can't play some newer games is kind of petty. Call of Duty or not, 8GB has been the norm for a while.

That's fairly moronic considering I have 4GB of RAM and have managed to run every game fine to date.
---
"PC has a $0 a year maintenance fee. The only money I put into my PC is buying more games. Have fun with your subscription based gaming." -SirisS-G-P
#32capgamerPosted 11/5/2013 7:21:55 AM
Wait so... I'm trying to understand if you guys are just really, really stupid or if I'm missing something.

New games come out... they have higher requirements than old games...

RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gSQg1i_q2g

Have I got the general idea?
---
The man keeps us down
because he likes to see us frown
#33daemon_danPosted 11/5/2013 7:24:32 AM
capgamer posted...

No, what people are pissed about is the fact that the game will not even allow you to install it if you have less than 6 GB of RAM, when it NEVER USES MORE THAN 2. That is what is upsetting people.
---
"Frightened by your own smell. Bitterness will run you through."
~In Flames: Bullet Ride
#34MahoganyTooth92Posted 11/5/2013 7:27:25 AM
daemon_dan posted...
capgamer posted...

No, what people are pissed about is the fact that the game will not even allow you to install it if you have less than 6 GB of RAM, when it NEVER USES MORE THAN 2. That is what is upsetting people.

Ugh...seriously?
Infinity ward are f****** morons.
---
"PC has a $0 a year maintenance fee. The only money I put into my PC is buying more games. Have fun with your subscription based gaming." -SirisS-G-P
#35El_ZaggyPosted 11/5/2013 7:29:19 AM(edited)
Any pc gamer that respect himself have at least 8 gb of ram.

I just cannot understand that how in 2013, you play on a 4gb ram pc...

And its quite easy to buy another ram stick online or in a shop.
#36Orestes417Posted 11/5/2013 7:33:53 AM
daemon_dan posted...
capgamer posted...

Bingo. It'd be a different story if it did something usefull with those requirements, but to all outward appearances they just put them there so they could say they had higher reqs that Battlefield and Crysis.
---
I am the mighty thesaurus! RAWR!
#37capgamerPosted 11/5/2013 7:50:41 AM
Okay, gotcha. Huh... that's the first time I've ever heard of a game intentionally decreasing its user base. Seems pretty stupid if that's actually what is going on...

I don't really think that you can draw the conclusion that they are doing something suspicious though... it may be that they are planning to release game modes, etc. in the future that would require 6GB ram.
---
The man keeps us down
#38daemon_danPosted 11/5/2013 7:52:49 AM
capgamer posted...
Okay, gotcha. Huh... that's the first time I've ever heard of a game intentionally decreasing its user base. Seems pretty stupid if that's actually what is going on...

I don't really think that you can draw the conclusion that they are doing something suspicious though... it may be that they are planning to release game modes, etc. in the future that would require 6GB ram.

If that were the case, you wouldn't need 6 GB to install the main game. It's basically just to make the game seem like it is more demanding than it is. There's a reason why Crysis still sells enough to make a profit after all. Only difference is Crysis actually looks good and pounds your computer's hardware and Ghosts just wants to pretend to
---
"Frightened by your own smell. Bitterness will run you through."
~In Flames: Bullet Ride
#39Orestes417Posted 11/5/2013 7:53:01 AM
Given their history on the PC post MW2, I'd say what they're intentionally trying to do is upsell the console version and the new consoles by making the PC version less attractive.
---
I am the mighty thesaurus! RAWR!
#40capgamerPosted 11/5/2013 8:01:33 AM
If that were the case, you wouldn't need 6 GB to install the main game.

Yeah I'll admit it's unusual... if they were just trying to prevent people from downloading DLC they couldn't play and asking for refunds, they could just put the information that it requires more RAM in the in-game shop or whatever. It doesn't make a lot of sense to shrink your userbase when you could have more people buying the base game at least.
---
The man keeps us down