This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I have a serious problem...

#41SpazH3dPosted 11/5/2013 5:23:43 AM
josh_bazzell posted...
1st post, me.
2nd post, me.
3rd post, TimePharaoh.

Off to your kittehs then!

Good day! It all makes sense now. I have that man blocked.
---
- My vision is augmented
#42MarceloSampaioPosted 11/5/2013 5:40:08 AM
josh_bazzell posted...
MuhammadJA posted...
My theory, buy what you want. You don't have to download them all at once. Sometimes in the future, you feel like playing a certain game, and you find out it's already there in your collection.

I agree, but the problem is I cant figure out which games I want to play so I end up bouncing between them every few minutes lol

I have a similar issue, I'm afraid. My backlog is quite big, and it takes a WHILE until I'm finaly able to decide which game to play.

When this became a HUGE issue, I decided to make a list of all the games I have yet to play, and made my PC randomly select one. This is ridiculous, but works. :p

At least I'm making my backlist a bit smaller. :p

As for buying the games, I see no problem with it. In fact, when I see a game I really want, I buy it (if I have the money) soon, even if this means I'll only be able to play it in a year or so.

NOT buying the game will NOT make your problem go away, and will also make it even MORE of an issue, since you'll be asking yourself anyway: "should I buy this game? Or that one?"
---
:3
Everything is nice and cool... until the roach starts to fly!
#43josh_bazzell(Topic Creator)Posted 11/5/2013 2:30:28 PM
So I bought the humble bundle today... I couldnt help it!
---
My gaming rig: ASUS G73JW: I7 740qm, 8 gigs ddr3, Nvidia Geforce 460m.
I like single player games. Nothing is quite as enjoyable as playing with myself.
#44PyrotechnixxxPosted 11/5/2013 3:05:05 PM
What's so wrong witho wning games and not playing them, as long as you're not just pouring your money down the drain? I have 98 games in my Steam Library and I've barely scratched the surface of them.
---
Fear is a leash.
#45Fade2black001Posted 11/5/2013 3:06:13 PM
TC you do know you can edit your posts right?
---
We're Americans! We don't quit just because we're wrong.
We just keep doing the wrong thing until it turns out right.
#46DoomerangPosted 11/5/2013 3:13:13 PM
TimePharaoh posted...
You pheasants are cute.

Prepare your eyes, gentlemen.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/icemouth/

*sees that you recently played the Last Remnant*

The Last Remnant's kickass! If you need any advice in it, let me know :3
---
Kenshin's the Beauty, Kaoru's the Beast? - Mister_Feeny
Would that make Shishioh the candle guy? - Gettles
#47EGMRULZPosted 11/5/2013 4:08:27 PM
josh_bazzell posted...
I feel I am not alone in this, I CAN'T be. Does anyone else find themselves buying and collecting games more than actually PLAYING them? With the advent of bundles this addiction has stepped up to a fiendish sort of process. I keep buying games, adding them to my library, and have yet to play quite a few of them. My hard drives are crammed full, my router and modem are begging for a reprise, and I found out that my ISP does in fact have a cap on bandwidth.

Is there any help to be found? Please share your stories, as I know I am not the only one.

Learn to TRIM. That's the best advice I can give you. From your collection & also any games you may be buying in the future, seek out "meta-review scores" for games. For example, I rely on websites that provide game reviews based on 10 or more sources or publications. Any game that doesn't get at least an "80" out of 100 is a game I either delete or don't purchase. Metacritic is good but I really like Gamerankings.com for this.
#48Kokuei05Posted 11/5/2013 4:37:46 PM
I only have the issue of not playing games I know for certain I won't be able to run as well as I would like to play it at. And if I do try playing it; I only play it a small amount before stopping.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsO-Td0hqXo
#49EGMRULZPosted 11/5/2013 9:01:42 PM
Forgot to add one thing to a comment I posted earlier. TC, you don't need to own every single release out there do you? It is impossible to own every game and collection out there.

To make the best use of your limited & valuable time you should only play GREAT games. So having said that, you want to own the BEST games and the only way you can make sure of that is by following game reviews. This is why I suggested in my previous post to follow the meta-review scores. Sticking to one or two gaming publications or websites is not enough as that can be prone to editorial bias, etc. However if you follow a meta-review then you can be safe that several sources have rated the game highly (as in the case where a game is rated an "80" or above out of 100).
#50DV8ingSourcesPosted 11/5/2013 9:04:49 PM
EGMRULZ posted...
However if you follow a meta-review then you can be safe that several sources have rated the game highly (as in the case where a game is rated an "80" or above out of 100).

Garbage tier gamer logic.

Reviews are horrible and yes even metacritic scores are completely useless. The only thing you can gather from a metacritic score is the overall quality of a title. You cannot gather the fun factor or enjoyment of a title from a number. I've enjoyed plenty of titles rated below 70 on metacritic and hated just as many rated in the 90+ area.
---
2500k @ 4.4 | P8Z68-V Pro | H80 | 8GB | 670 | 256 ssd | 6Tb hdd | Win 8 64bit | ax1200w | BD burner | cm690II
Steam: DV8ing1