This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Dual monitor Windows 8 help.

#1razorracerPosted 11/5/2013 7:06:56 AM
I was going through some stuff one night and I stumbled upon a monitor that my sister left behind when she moved. She doesn't want it anymore (she uses her HDTV as a PC monitor now), so I figure I could use it as a second monitor, since, while it's not the same monitor, it's the same size and resolution.

Anyway, I was hoping to use one monitor to browse the internet, while playing World of Warcraft on the other. I do everything I'm supposed to; set the monitors to extend, set WoW to fullscreen-windowed, everything. But when I start Google Chrome on the second monitor, instead of opening on the second monitor, it minimizes WoW on the first monitor and opens on the first monitor. Can anyone help me understand what I'm doing wrong? BTW, I am using Windows 8.1 64-bit Pro, so there's that. Thanks for any help.
---
Member of the awesome PS Vita, Nintendo 3DS, iOS, and Android owners club.
#2urtvPosted 11/5/2013 7:40:14 AM
set wow to windowed
#3youngfossilPosted 11/5/2013 7:41:05 AM
urtv posted...
set wow to windowed

this
---
While I may not agree with your opinion, I will defend to the death your right to have it.
#4Ch3wyPosted 11/5/2013 7:54:20 AM
Can't you just drag Chrome over to the second monitor?
---
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.
#5razorracer(Topic Creator)Posted 11/5/2013 8:36:42 AM
Ch3wy posted...

I heard about that while searching around, yet haven't run into a tutorial on how to do that.
---
#6Ch3wyPosted 11/5/2013 8:42:59 AM
razorracer posted...
Ch3wy posted...

I heard about that while searching around, yet haven't run into a tutorial on how to do that.

Hold the mouse button over the top of the window and move it to the right until it's on the second monitor.
---
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.
#7razorracer(Topic Creator)Posted 11/5/2013 8:50:36 AM
Ch3wy posted...
razorracer posted...
Ch3wy posted...

Hold the mouse button over the top of the window and move it to the right until it's on the second monitor.

Actually, I found a tutorial on my own with the answer, but I appreciate the help all the same. Thanks for the assistance. This whole two monitor thing just got a whole lot more interesting now.
---
#8Maddog5209Posted 11/5/2013 9:28:38 AM
was this a troll topic?
---
http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc514/Austin_Johnsey/maddog.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/OH0UG.png
#9Ch3wyPosted 11/5/2013 9:33:17 AM
I'm guessing he just didn't realize the two desktops were connected like that.
---