This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So how is CoD Ghosts?

#11Logical_OnePosted 11/5/2013 1:41:11 PM
Orestes417 posted...
Gojak_v3 posted...
They've all had matchmaking for quite some time now. CoD 4 was the last one with a server browser.

Not true. BO1 had a server browser

I would hardly call a million servers hosting 24/7 Nuketown a satisfactory browser but, yes, technically you're right.
---
Gamefaqs....the land where pokemon is the holy grail and final fantasy is God himself--Raptorleon3
#12runromPosted 11/5/2013 1:43:31 PM
Personally, I like CoD singleplayer. Multiplayer? Not so much. I'm kind of done with the whole level up prestige formula...
---
MBP 2009 | Intel i5 3570k + Powercolor 7870 Myst | HP Touchpad 32gb CM9 | MyTouch4g running 4.1
Now part of the 500 posts club.
#13_GRIM_FANDANGO_Posted 11/5/2013 1:47:25 PM(edited)
Battlefield 4 is actually quite good, but there are too many issues atm. The most serious is probably the problems with the netcode. What happens serverside and clientside is nowhere near synchronized. BF3 had bad netcode, but not quite as bad as this. You just have to hope they are able to fix it. It will literally be the difference whether BF4 is a fun online multiplayer or a broken piece of @#$%.
---
I5 3570 | GTX 760 | FILCO Majestouch 2 tenkeyless | Zowie FK | Asus Xonar DGX | Kingston 120 GB SSD | Sennheiser HD 518 | Samsung S24A350H
#14wizardmonPosted 11/5/2013 1:51:52 PM
FOV locked at 65, you can't adjust visual effects such as vegitation and lighting, hard to see enemies compared to CoD4, no FFA hardcore DM mode, several key functions of the game default to 'UNBOUND' such as your kill rewards, text chat, voice chat and such.
---
I think I'm the only person on gamefaqs with a daughterboard - ToastyOne
New with a moderation history more plentiful than karma. - Fossil (Moderator)
#15LoshadtPosted 11/5/2013 2:03:22 PM
Sounds like a s*** show all around.
---
Russian is my first language, so yes there may be a spelling error or two.
Kirino is best girl.
#16EpicKingdom_Posted 11/5/2013 3:15:56 PM
Hunter_mk posted...
don't waste your money, its a POS, looks like MW3 with fancy motion blur, and there's already people hacking multiplayer

DerPancake posted...
Its the worst CoD released, and this means a lot coming from me.

& now, it's too late..... you have supported the new generation of COD. In result, we will see COD yearly releases and other devs will follow along as they did in the past. (Assassins, Saints Row etc).
---
The PC gaming Master Race will never die out. We will continue to train, raise, and breed Master Race.
http://www.youtube.com/user/PCGamingMasterRace87/videos
#17Orestes417Posted 11/5/2013 3:19:24 PM
_GRIM_FANDANGO_ posted...
Battlefield 4 is actually quite good, but there are too many issues atm. The most serious is probably the problems with the netcode. What happens serverside and clientside is nowhere near synchronized. BF3 had bad netcode, but not quite as bad as this. You just have to hope they are able to fix it. It will literally be the difference whether BF4 is a fun online multiplayer or a broken piece of @#$%.

No, BF3's netcode was worse overall. The main issue with BF4's netcode is the current inconsistency, but the actuall shot accuracy is vastly better when it's working as intended. BF3's setup will forever be stuck in the land of being shot around corners. Both of them are still better than BF2's "shoot behind the guy to hit him" though
---
I am the mighty thesaurus! RAWR!
#18DerPancakePosted 11/5/2013 3:20:29 PM
EpicKingdom_ posted...
Hunter_mk posted...
don't waste your money, its a POS, looks like MW3 with fancy motion blur, and there's already people hacking multiplayer

DerPancake posted...

& now, it's too late..... you have supported the new generation of COD. In result, we will see COD yearly releases and other devs will follow along as they did in the past. (Assassins, Saints Row etc).

I didn't even buy it lol. Heck I didn't buy MW3 or Ghost because I knew the new Infinity Ward was ****.
---
EVGA
#19AlleRacingPosted 11/5/2013 4:57:43 PM
DerPancake posted...

I'm going to say this. I've managed to enjoy every CoD so far, for better or worse, even MW3. Ghosts just falls flat on its face. Between *requiring* 6GB of RAM (it won't run otherwise, there is a fix that bypasses this and the game works fine, so this barrier is obviously artificial) to run, and the absolutely terrible maps, I completely regret my purchase. I mean, MW3 and BLOPS 2's weakest points were probably their maps. BLOPS 2 had tiny, whack-a-mole mazes with only a handful of good/great maps like Standoff or Raid. Ghosts just takes that design philosophy and scales it up, with more clutter and even more whack-a-mole. The maps are all fairly large, I don't think I've played one that I would consider 'small' yet (though there's a couple I haven't played yet). Each and every map feels like Downturn from MW3, but with more clutter and slightly more maze-like. It's really, really awful. The most open map I played was Stonehaven, which is probably the largest map in the game, and it still manages to be fairly cluttered. It might be the largest map in the series short of Seelow or Downfall from WaW. Spawns are as bad as ever, no improvement there. Still no dedicated servers, despite pre-release claims that there were. The create-a-solder system is actually somewhat decent. Most of the unlocks seem expensive (a lot of guns cost 6+ unlock points, and I seem to be averaging ~3 per rank up at the moment), and I have only tried 3 guns so far. The one shotgun I've tried (the revolving cylinder one) is pretty underwhelming, if it's indicative of the rest of the shotguns this game might just have the worst shotguns in the entire series, topping WaW. The TTK of most guns seems incredibly low, but that may just be lag, not sure yet. The game doesn't even look that good to make up for any of this.

I really regret buying it. I probably won't be playing it at all unless they patch the crap out of it. Even then, there are no good maps to play on, so I probably still won't play it.
---
http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/8325/scrunchface2copyfx0.png
http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/default/alle5.jpg
#20qeoijlijwPosted 11/5/2013 7:34:32 PM
why are you gonna read posts about a game from people who havnt even played the damn game
go read the actual reviews from people who've actually played the damn game