This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Physx not working in Arkham City?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Physx not working in Arkham City?

User Info: josh_bazzell

josh_bazzell
3 years ago#1
Worked last time I had the game, I just got it again in the bundle and I cant get the physx working for some reason. It worked fine last time, now it gave me an error and I tried the replacing of the dlls and everything. Any help? I have a 460m so I know it works.
My gaming rig: ASUS G73JW: I7 740qm, 8 gigs ddr3, Nvidia Geforce 460m.
I like single player games. Nothing is quite as enjoyable as playing with myself.

User Info: josh_b

josh_b
3 years ago#2
.... update your drivers so you have the newest Version of PhysX.
i5 2500k 4.5GHZ OC, 32GB DDR3, Galaxy GTX670 4GB SLI, MSI P67A-GD55 Mobo, 128GB SSD, Barracuda Green 1.5TB HDD
Xbox live: tanis8585

josh_bazzell
3 years ago#3
already have.
I like single player games. Nothing is quite as enjoyable as playing with myself.

josh_b
3 years ago#4
try switching the PhysX to run on the cpu only. if that doesn't fix it try reinstalling the game completely.
i5 2500k 4.5GHZ OC, 32GB DDR3, Galaxy GTX670 4GB SLI, MSI P67A-GD55 Mobo, 128GB SSD, Barracuda Green 1.5TB HDD

josh_bazzell
3 years ago#5
Crap, so if the physx trick doesnt work I have to redownload as I got it from steam?

josh_b
3 years ago#6
josh_bazzell posted...
Crap, so if the physx trick doesnt work I have to redownload as I got it from steam?

yeah as I can only think if it's not a hardware issue with PhysX not working correctly with your GPU then it must be the game itself. Possibly a corrupted file somewhere. you can make steam check the file integrity also before you uninstall it and see if it catches something.

josh_bazzell
3 years ago#7
tried the verify. Its weird, the non goty version worked just fine...

josh_b
3 years ago#8
josh_bazzell posted...
tried the verify. Its weird, the non goty version worked just fine...

I had a similar problem with Borderlands 2 is the only reason I think that may be the problem. Every time If tried PhysX on any setting the game would lock up. Ended up deleting and reinstalling and it worked fine.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Physx not working in Arkham City?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived