This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Computer crashes AFTER game shuts down completely and on desktop.

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Computer crashes AFTER game shuts down completely and on desktop.
3 years ago#1
So, I just bought a new graphics card, evga gtx 770, and when I play games like batman: ao or battlefield 4, I play them on ULTRA. No problem with the games. Everything runs smooth. I play for like a couple of hours. Then, when I close the game down, and exit back to my desktop, out of nowhere, my computer just CRASHES. Its not even like a blue screen. My screen flashes into a random color sometimes, or just BLACK, and the computer still acts as if it's still running.

I can't even start task manager. I dont think its just the graphics card because when some audio is playing, the audio get garbled and stops too when the computer crashes . I mean if it was just the card, the audio should continue playing, correct?

I ran the "uningine heaven banchmark" tool on ultra, I let it run for a few minutes, the card heats up to 80c with average of 40 fps. So I leave that and of course, my system crashes again.

I can still RMA the card and just get a new one, but I dont want to deal with the headache if it turns out theres something wrong with my system and not the card.

Any idea? The card I had before this, 570, caused no problems.
where my pen is
3 years ago#2
Did you try putting back in 570 to see if it still happens?
Vault Dweller > All other Video game characters
3 years ago#3
I sold that card, so no.
where my pen is
3 years ago#4
Decided to RMA the card. Maybe it was just bad luck. It happens sometimes, not all the time. EVGA tech support said its one of those "peculiar problems."
where my pen is
3 years ago#5
Hopefully it was the card.

I've seen crashes (long time ago however) when the card changes power modes.
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
3 years ago#6
The evga guy did ask me to change the "power management" mode from "adaptive" to "prefer maximum performance" from the nvidia control panel. I played for like 2-3 hours straight on BF4 last night and stopped without my computer crashing.

Maybe that did help, but I wouldn't want to risk it.
where my pen is
3 years ago#7
Jackol4ntrn posted...
The evga guy did ask me to change the "power management" mode from "adaptive" to "prefer maximum performance" from the nvidia control panel. I played for like 2-3 hours straight on BF4 last night and stopped without my computer crashing.

Maybe that did help, but I wouldn't want to risk it.

That means it was defective.
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Computer crashes AFTER game shuts down completely and on desktop.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived